Search

Rio De Janiero?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14th, 2000, 04:21 PM
Lynn

Rio De Janiero?

My husband and I's vacations have always been in the US, but was wondering if anyone has any comments on Rio De Janiero? Any place to check out travel packages on the internet? I know nothing about the place, but some friends went and said it was great. Got us thinking we might want to check out some information. Thanks for any responses.

Old Jun 14th, 2000, 04:57 PM
Simone Roisman

Hi Lynn,

I´m Brazilian and live in Rio de Janeiro. It´s a wonderful city, lots of things to do. Better hotels for a tourist are in front of Copacabana, Ipanema and Leblon beaches and from these places you can go by feet to several restaurants, shops, etc.
Do you want a package tour from a brazilian agency or from an american one? I think that if you look in fodors forums, south america you might find informations for Rio de Janeiro.
Fell free to contact me directly (I´m not a TA).

Old Sep 6th, 2000, 05:45 PM
David and Robyn

We just returned from Rio and had a splendid time. We stayed at the Orlinda Hotel on Copabana Beach. The Orlinda Hotel staff was wonderful! We did the tourist thing and saw Corcovado Mt, Sugar Loaf, and we were even fortunate enough to see a soccer game at Machurina Stadium(Brazil vs Bolivia). Contact brazilnut.com thats who we booked our problem free thrip through.

Peace

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 01:53 PM
Gaby

Rio is by far the most beautiful city in the world,with lots to do.
We live in Carmel,California,but go there all the time,and,if you need any more information,please,feel free to e-mail us with specific questions..
We usually book straight thru the Brazilian airline,Varig.

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 01:59 PM
Wondering

Lynn -

Have you given any thought to trying the Latin America board? There are many, many posts that address Rio topics - I think you will have a lot more luck there.

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 02:00 PM
Les

Lynn,
Please post this on the Latin America forum; it's just clutter on this forum.