Villas Nicolas or Costa Verde??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6th, 2004, 09:01 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to decide which hotel to stay at. Opinions seem to be split. Please give me your input if you have stayed at either. Costa Verde will cost approx. $20 more per night. What will I get for the extra bucks? Thanks.
Old Jul 6th, 2004, 11:20 AM

I struggled with the same decision and opted for Villas Nicolas. We'll be staying there later this month. I like the location better, since it's close to all the restaurants and next door to Si Como No. I also like the price better and have read many positive reviews about the rooms and view.
Old Jul 6th, 2004, 11:36 AM
Original Poster

We are also looking to stay there later this month. My concerns are quality of rooms, proximity to park, restaurants, beach. I also heard they don't offer A/C but don't know if that will be a problem this time of year.
Old Jul 6th, 2004, 11:40 AM

I don't think you will go wrong with either one. We stayed at Costa Verde last year and looked at rooms at Villas Nicolas the year before. They are both on the main road. Costa Verde is closer to the park. Whether the room is worth twenty dollars more depends on what you value. We were in the adult only building at Costa Verde and really enjoyed having the adult only pool. Also we had beautiful views. There was no A.C. in the penthouse apt. but we were pretty high up so it was breezy.I think Villas Nicolas has no restaurant but you can walk or drive to places.We loved Costa Verde and would definitely return there if we go back. I think both hotels should have some photos of their rooms on their websites.
Old Jul 6th, 2004, 12:22 PM
Original Poster

Everyone on this board is always so helpful and it has really helped me plan my trip. Guess I should just toss a coin. Costa Verde seems to be a larger resort with bar and restaurant. Don't know if that is really an advantage or not since Villas Nicolas has those things close by.