Secreto Hotel?

Old Jun 22nd, 2004, 02:54 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Secreto Hotel?

Has anybody stayed at Secreto Hotel on Isla Mujeres? I am considering it for my honeymoon in October. Any other hotel recommendations in the Cancun, Playa del Carmen area that are non AI? Our other possibility is Aruba- any opinions there as well? Thanks for your help!
Old Jun 22nd, 2004, 04:32 PM

We tried to stay at the Secreto when we were in Mexico in April and we just walked up, but they were booked. (There are only 9 rooms.) It is very nice and I think it would make a great place for a honeymoon.

On IM, also check out Na Balam and Villa Rolandi.

In Playa, look into Deseo, Mosquito Blue, El Faro, Shangri La and Playa Maya.

In Cancun, check out the Ritz Carlton, the JW Marriott, the Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach, the Intercontinental Presidente or the Camino Real.

I've not been to Aruba and would likely not go, but a lot of people really like it.
Old Jun 22nd, 2004, 05:09 PM

Isla is a great place to honeymoon. I would spend the first days at Villa
Rolandi and then end up at Secreto which is a little more in town.
Visit www.isla-mujeres.net for lots of info. Villa rolandi is more upscale.Their steam tub bath for two and private hot tub on the deck with view of the sunset is very romantic.
The views from Secreto are more of the windward side of the Carribean with the roar of the surf in your face.
Old Jul 4th, 2004, 06:25 PM

I just returned from my honeymoon, spent entirely on Isla Mujeres. My husband and I found Secreto to be elegant, romantic, and very pleasant. Our room was on the second floor. The front desk staff stayed late (flight delays) to wait for us (and we hadn't even called them), and we were greeted by name when we entered. I would recommend it for those who appreciate a more intimate atmosphere.
Old Jul 6th, 2004, 03:56 PM

The Secreto is highly regarded on Isla Mujeres along with Villa Rolandi. For a honeymoon I would spend time at both places. Vist www.isla-mujeres.net
for lots of info. Use the tool bar on the left to choose what you want.