Costa Verde accommodations

Old Mar 28th, 2007, 06:36 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Costa Verde accommodations

Faithie, I saw your pictures of the pool near Casa Quinta at Costa Verde and I wondered if you stayed there and if you could describe the interior to me. There are only a few pictures on their website. Has anyone stayed in Casa Quinta who can tell me if it is nice? We are 2 couples in our 60's and like comfort and clean, if not exactly luxury. Had been looking at Buena Vista Villas but looks like the views might be better at Costa Verde and a lot cheaper.
Old Mar 30th, 2007, 05:51 AM

I have stayed in a Studio Plus room at Costa Verde. I, personally, would never go back. I wouldn't call it particularly comfortable nor luxurious. The furnishings and general style of our room were very, very old and "worn."

I know there are several people on this board who really like this place. I didn't. It just wasn't my style.

The positives there were the nice view from the balcony and the restaurant food. We tried almost all the restaurants associated with the property and everything was delicious.

The minute I set foot in my room at Costa Verde I realized I made a mistake. I wished I had spent more money to get something more "comfortable, clean and luxurious." Best of luck.
Old Mar 30th, 2007, 07:40 AM

Costa Verde is by NO means a "luxurious" hotel. It IS "good bang for your buck"! We have always found the rooms, bathrooms, grounds, etc. very, very, clean and well maintained. Furnishings are simple, decorations are simple, I found nothing old and worn, but it's not "fancy". Casa Quinta is sweet, I peeked in the windows and it would be great for me.... Tulemar/Buena Vista is a step up in the "luxury" category, and the price indicates so. But is the difference justified, not to me. A new, truly luxurious hotel with 300 thread count Egyptian cotton sheets, Aveda products in the marble bath(etc. etc.) is Hotel Gaia & Reserve. I'm thinking from the hesitation in your post you might be best elsewhere.
Old Mar 30th, 2007, 08:25 AM

The views ARE spectactular from most of the Tulemar bungalows. The benefit of BVV / Tulemar is having a beach located on the hotel property. That is the main reason behind the price difference in my opinion.

So, if you're looking for a private beach where you don't have to worry about your stuff as much, don't have to rent a chair, can take out sea kayaks all day long w/ no extra charge, etc. then it's worth the money...but I'd go w/ the less expensive Tulemar as opposed to BVV if choosing between the two. But, if you're not a beach person don't bother w/ Teulemar / BVV.

Personally, I'd stay at Villas Nicolas before Costa Verde, though.
Old Mar 30th, 2007, 09:13 AM

LOVE Villas Nicolas, but with 2 children I find it not as child friendly as Costa Verde. For the OP VN might not be upscale enough..?

Tulemar's little grey sand beach is very sweet & a bonus to the property, we see kayakers come over to Biesanz Beach from there(one of my fave beaches). But We are "budget" minded on out trips so Costa Verde fits the bill. If my husband and I were alone it would be Villas Nicolas, or Mangoe Moon. But the OP would most likely like Tulemar.
Old Apr 2nd, 2007, 11:21 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to all of you for your input. I inquired about Villas Nicolas and their type 3 suites(look nice)but they can't give us availability for a few more weeks. Need to check with residents and repeat visitors. In the meantime we have reserved Casa Quinta and if we wind up going there, hope it has water more than 50% of the time! Still contemplating Buena Vista Villas too.
Old Apr 10th, 2007, 06:16 PM

We stayed at Costa Verde for four nights with two teenagers. Yes, the rooms are simple, but they are CLEAN! We opted for an air-conditioned room the first 2 nights and then switched to a way more roomy room with a HUGE balcony overlooking the "adult" pool and ocean. We were so busy with excursions and activities during the day, then, after a relaxing dinner (Reggie's on the cliff and their homemade sangria are NOT to be missed!) we really looked forward to bedtime and the evening rainforest sounds were simply enchanting! With the exception of the owner, the wait staff were all very friendly and accomodating. The owner swims out to this giant rock in the mornings, then eats breakfast in the restaurant without ever saying anything to his guests. A hello, how are you enjoying your stay at Costa Verde would have been welcome any of those mornings while enjoying my amazing Costa Rican coffee.
We would stay at Costa Verde again in a heartbeat!