Villa del Palmar PV - HELP

Old Mar 7th, 2004, 11:05 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Villa del Palmar PV - HELP

Please help with the cheapest method of getting a week at the Villa del Palmar in November. I am getting $138 a night quoted and I know people (who said) they paid only a little more than that for a whole week! Thank you.
Old Mar 7th, 2004, 12:27 PM

We own timeshare there and I may be able to help you out. I couldn't get you $138 for a week but I could get you less than that per night.

Email me at debbrown01 at yahoo.com.

Deb
Old Mar 8th, 2004, 08:51 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Deb - does anyone know the website (supposedly fantastic) for buying week timeshares?
Old Mar 9th, 2004, 08:24 PM
Original Poster

ttt..
Old Mar 10th, 2004, 12:11 PM
sdl

Skaye,

You may be getting some rather misleading information from people-

I suspect they are NOT telling you that they are either using a gift certificate from their timeshare service, or utilizing a seasonal "deal" from same.

Neither of these are free, but they are usually at steeply reduced prices-
like $138/week plus any taxes/fees charged directly by the resort (required taxes, maid services, etc).

These will likely NOT be AI, but that is not really an issue in PV....

Unless you are gifted with somesuch from an owner or timeshare company, it is unlikely you will get such a deal.

Honestly, $138/night (assuming NOT Thanksgiving week) is outrageous, as November is the shoulder season-
if this is AllInclusive, consider asking for just the room rate, and make sure they disclose all required fees/taxes that are in addition to the rate quoted.

We found the food to be only so-so there, and SO many more options (both shopping and cooking your own and inexpensive wonderful restaurants, etc) are less expensive as well.

As far as alcohol, if you intend to drink alot and it is AI it might be cost-effective...

If you are not stuck on staying at VdP, explore other quite-reasonable options available in the South PV area (below the River Cuale)- try here for some ideas and local input:
http://pub69.ezboard.com/btodopuertovallarta

Good Luck!
S
Old Mar 10th, 2004, 12:20 PM

We recently stayed here and I was not impressed. There is nothing bad about it but it is a nondescript hugh resort and the "greeter" attempted to set us up for a timeshare push within minutes of our arrival. I would suggest staying in town at one of the many hotels. The VDP is only about 2 miles from town but every night we ended up taking a bus or a taxi into town for dinner and shopping. It would have been more convenient to stay there.
Old Mar 10th, 2004, 04:20 PM

I'm wondering too, why Villa del Palmar, of all the PV resorts?? I have a friend who has a timeshare there, and has had continuing bad experiences with management there.