Reload this Page >

upscale all-inclusive in cancun

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 10:07 AM
Ilana

We are planning a first time trip in february with our 5 year olds to Cancun. Looking for a very nice all-exclusive - the best, really, that allows kids.<BR>Heard recommendations re Bahia Principe or Barcelo? Need nice beach, not too much walking and great pools. Thanks, Ilana

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 11:49 AM
Jason

llana<BR>Crown Paradise resort without a doubt.<BR>Jason

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 12:59 PM
Sandy

Ilana,<BR><BR>FYI, neither the Bahia nor the Barcelo are located in Cancun. Both are on the Riviera Maya, which begins approximately 30 miles south of Cancun. Both of these resorts are south of Playa Del Carmen, so they are even further away than that.<BR><BR>If you're actually looking to stay in Cancun, there are many nice resorts there. Jason mentioned one, the Crown Paradise Club. Others I've heard about people say good things about are: Fiesta Americana, JW Marriott Cancun, Gran Melia Cancun, Camino Real, and Le Meridien Cancun. I'm sure that there are many others I haven't mentioned. I've never stayed in Cancun, so I can't give you my opinion about any of these.<BR><BR>If you're interested in having a more relaxed, less Americanized vacation, then I suggest going further south to the Riviera Maya. Very nice resorts, great beaches, and not as fast-paced, in my opinion (I'm sure some Cancun lovers may disagree with me, and that's fine).<BR><BR>Some nice resorts to consider: the two you already mentioned (Bahia Principe and Barcelo Maya), Royal Hideaway, Iberostar Paraiso, Iberostar Tucan, Gala Resort, the Riu resorts, and Fiestaval Grand Resort & Spa.<BR><BR>I've stayed at the Iberostar Paraiso (July 2002) and the Iberostar Tucan (December 2000) with my husband and two kids, now ages 14 and 12. We had a great time at both, although we preferred the Paraiso. If you have any more questions, please ask.<BR><BR>One word of caution - you talk about staying at the "best" resort that allows kids. Speaking from the perspective of the Riviera Maya, it seems that many think it's the Royal Hideaway, in terms of amenities and service. However, from what I have read, the atmosphere is may be a little "stuffy", and they're aren't that many kids (Royal Hideaway lovers please don't blast me - it sounds like a great resort, just not something that 5-year-olds would enjoy). So I don't know if you're planning on entertaining the kids yourselves or want to put them in a Kids Club for at least a few hours a day - but it might be an issue for you.<BR><BR>Sandy

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 01:11 PM
Merriem

I love the Royal Hideaway, but it really is not designed for young children.

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 01:22 PM
Mandy

I agree with the first poster - Crown Paradise in Cancun is the best for families with young children.