Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Cancun or Mayan Riviera All-inclusives with nite life?

Sep 22nd, 2002, 04:03 PM
clevergrrl

We need help!

We are a couple in our late 20's and looking to go to Cancun or Mayan Riviera area. We are looking for a place would have a good nightlife (hopefully no kids) and something all-inclusive.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Sep 22nd, 2002, 08:02 PM
marinela

well it depends? i recommend riviera namely mazatlan really nice

Sep 23rd, 2002, 05:27 PM
michele

I have been to Cancun several times and would choose Cancun over the Mayan Riviera. From what I have read on various message boards, the Mayan Riviera does not have much nightlife. Cancun, on the other hand, has many bars/nightclubs - big and small. None of the hotels I have stayed at really had any nightlife. I would say that the Royal Solaris was the best of the bunch, but even there we went w/ their entertainment staff to a different bar every night at 11pm. A bus picked you up at the hotel. From what I hear, many hotels are doing this.

The AI resorts we have stayed at are Cancun Palace, Royal Solaris and the Omni. We stayed non-AI at the Hilton.

As far as kids go, I don't think there are too many resirts that do not have allow kids, but my husband and I have never been bothered by any at all. However, we do not go during vacation times either. It may be a different story if you were going during Thanksgiving or Christmas.

Sep 25th, 2002, 06:44 AM
Mandy

Cancun definitely has more activities and night life. Around 10 p.m., Cancun comes alive!

Cancun Palace has some great activities options for the younger crowd. In the evenings they usually have a bus or van to go to the hot night spots as well as their planned activities they have during the day at the resort.

There are some adult only resorts in Cancun if children are a problem. I have never stayed in an all adult, but kids don't seem to bother me and I've gone during vacation times as well as off peak times. There is a brand new adult only resort called Golden Crown Paradise in the middle of the hotel zone. It sounds very nice but I've not been there personally.

Sep 25th, 2002, 07:31 AM
Sheryl

My husband and I have been going to Cancun for the eleven years we've been married. We own a villa at the Royal Caribbean and have the opportunity to exchange for anywhere else, but find we love the Cancun area to much. It offers everything from relaxing to partying.