Cancun or Cozumel with kids?

Jul 22nd, 2002, 11:12 AM
Karen Thompson

Cancun or Cozumel with kids?

We are planning a vacation and have three kids ages 3,4 and 17. Any suggestions as to where we might have a better time, Cancun or Cozumel? I was thinking of an all-inclusive, any ideas?

Jul 22nd, 2002, 11:51 AM
Marj

The playacar area (near where you catch the ferry to cozumel) has some great all-inclusives that are kid-friendly. I think it's a nicer area than Cancun. Some of the resorts in Cancun have eroded beaches and it attracts a lot of singles.

Jul 22nd, 2002, 11:54 AM
Marj

Do a text search on "Play del Carmen" and also "playacar" for some info. A few years ago we stayed, with our kids, at the Royal Meava in PLaycar. I think it's now called the Gala resort. It was very nice.

Jul 22nd, 2002, 04:49 PM
Nancy

Karen,
I think Cozumel is more family-oriented than Cancun, but there are a whole lot of things to do in either place.
If diving or snorkeling are important, I would suggest Cozumel.
If shopping or glitzy high rises are what you're looking for, Cancun fits the bill.
Cozumel is a much more casual and laid back vacation, or you can look at the AI's South of Cancun for a mix of both, and maybe make day trips to Playa del Carmen and/or Cancun.

Jul 22nd, 2002, 05:36 PM
Lorinda

Go to the Gala Resort in Playacar. They will entertain your children with loving care, while you relax and do what you want. The food was great and the people were fabulous. We stayed two glorious weeks in May. Galaresort.com for info or go to Funjet vacations.com.PS-they will even supervise your 3 year old!

Jul 23rd, 2002, 12:25 PM
Denny

I'd recommend Cozumel. Here's a link to a recent NY Times article where the writer went there with her 4 year old child.: http://www.nytimes.com/2002/05/19/travel/COZU.html