barcelo maya or riu playacar????

Jul 17th, 2002, 11:35 AM
nick

barcelo maya or riu playacar????

my wife AND I ARE PLANNING TO GO IN LATE JULY .

Jul 18th, 2002, 09:38 AM
pln

We stayed at Barcelo Maya Beach Resort last year - the Garden Resort is a mirro image right next door. It is a nice set-up, the beach was beautiful -plenty of padded beach chairs available - with or without shade.

The grounds were gorgeous and well maintained. For such a huge place,you didn't feel overly crowded with people.

The night life was okay - we "stayed" up for two shows - found them mildly entertaning at best. People were excited about the Michael Jackson impersonator - we weren't after we saw him perform. The food at the buffets was as expected for all incusives - maybe a tad better than most. The dining room settings - even for the buffet, were beautiful. They have a steak house, Mexican retaurant and I forgot what else for the reservations restaurants .....do make your reservations early - these dining experiences were quite nice!
The pools are huge, clean and beautiful - chairs around them fill up early. There are tons of hammocks - perfect for that slow leisurely after dinner swing!!

Playa del Carmenis an easy cab ride away, as is the ferry to Cozumel.

Enjoy!!

Jul 20th, 2002, 09:53 PM
Tanya

We stayed 2 weeks @ Barcelo Maya; we loved it and would definately recommend staying here. The staff were great and the service was excellent.Fabulous beach,great food and nice rooms.The ocean is so beautiful and warm. Lots of activities and entertainment.No shortage of alcohol or food.We would stay @ Barcelo again in a heartbeat! Don't forget mosquito repellant- I still have scars from all the bites!!!

Jul 20th, 2002, 09:56 PM
tanya

I should mention we were just @ Barcelo this past June; The hotel wasn't full so the beaches and pools were'nt crowded. Have a great time!

Jul 23rd, 2002, 03:43 PM
kathy

We enjoyed the barcelo much more than the riu