PV Where to stay-good beach and view?

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 05:14 PM
Sherry

PV Where to stay-good beach and view?

We are considering going to PV in Sept. Can anyone recommend where to stay? Would like a great ocean view with a decent beach. Any info on PV from someone who has been there would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 05:25 PM
matt

Hi Sherry - Check out the Westin. We stayed there in January and loved it. Beach is not that good, but concierge will give you directions to the beaches where the locals go. Excellent service, good food, beautiful pools and breath taking views of the mountains and ocean. FYI - - Take a boat to Yelapa. You won't be disappointed!

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 05:36 PM
John K

Hi Sherry,<BR>I recommend the Camino Real. Great hotel with excellent beach and beautiful views. I stay there twice a year and am never disappointed.

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 06:02 PM
loangalsal

Another vote for the Camino Real. Best hotel beach in/near PV. Close enough to town to take a quick/cheap cab ride to all the great restaurants and the malecon.

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 07:03 AM
Jim

Hi Sherry,<BR>Although I live in Nuevo Vallarta and run a B&B here, the best hotel and beach combo in Vallarta is definatly the Camino Real. The beach is the best and the hotel is well maintained and lovely. I've been going there for 30 years, so take my advice and don't even consider anyplace else.

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 11:30 AM
lots of choices

Do you want to stay in town or outside of town? Are you looking for a self-contained resort? Would you prefer a large chain properties (i.e. Marriott or Sheraton) or more "Mexican" style place? Approximate price range and ammenities?<BR><BR>Camino Real always wins for having its own nice and private beach and consistently good reviews. But realize it is about a 5 mins. taxi or 15 mins. local bus ride to get into town.<BR><BR>Some people don't mind this, but some (me!) prefer to stay right in El Centro or Old Town... which is not in a resort zone but in the regular older part of Puerto Vallarta. I like to be walking distance to shops, many many good bars and restaurants, the Malecon, the church, the Zocolo, etc.<BR><BR>The main local beach is called Playa Los Muertos. It has lots of palapa bar/restaurants for lunch and drinks. Activities like parasailing, banana boats, innertube and boogie board rentals. And a LOT of vendors selling blankets, pottery, jewelry, food.<BR><BR>Ocean view hotels in this part of town include: Molino de Agua, Tropicana, Playa Los Arcos, among others.

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 06:13 PM
dan

Old Town, <BR>Playa Los Muertos, <BR>Hotel Tropicana (Amapas #214)<BR><BR>adios!<BR>mexicodan<BR>www.mexicomexico.info