Which AI in Playa DEl Carmen area?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2nd, 2003, 01:15 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am 25 and planning a trip with my significant other to the Playa del Carmen/Mayan Riveria area. We would like to golf, snorkel, get sun, and enjoy good food and nightlife. I think PDC is best, but need help on hotels. Iberico Quetzal, Barcelo, Riu, Reef Club, Gala?
Old Jul 3rd, 2003, 05:41 AM

www.ramproductions.com has helpful information on each resort.
Old Jul 3rd, 2003, 10:53 AM

We stayed at Gran Puerto Real at Christmas and loved it. It is right in PDC and within a couple of minutes of the main street (calle 5). The stretch of beach is not the greatest, but adequate and a 1 minute walk gets you to the better beach. Service and food at the hotel were excellent. If you go get a junior suite, not a standard room.
Old Dec 3rd, 2003, 06:54 AM

I've stayed at:

Gala - great beach - smaller resort with all of the amenities. We had a Hacienda suite which was a nice walk and a private pool for the hacienda of 8 rooms. Clean - it was almost two years ago. Great beach and awesome water sport availability

Iberostar: We stayed April 03 at the Paraiso del Mar which is a hike out of town. Cute town but really didn't need any more souveniers etc. The resort was spectacular. You can go to any of the Iberostars with your stay and I have heard good things about the Quetzal as well.

My travel agent (has good recommendateions) recommended the Riu. I don't know which one. Very European - very topless. your choice on that but the food was supposed to be good as well.

I traveled with my husband and two kids - all resorts had an adult pool for those wanting to get the peace and quiet.
Old Dec 3rd, 2003, 09:20 AM

My husband and I stayed at the Riu Yucatan 6 years ago and we loved it. The beach is beautiful and the food was good. Yes, there are topless sunbathers, but it's no big deal. We've all seen breasts before and you may even wish to join them. I have heard that all the Riu's are great to stay at.
Old Dec 3rd, 2003, 05:11 PM

My husband and I just returned from a 5 days trip to PDC. We stayed at the Royal Hideaway in Playacar. I would definitely recommend you to stay at one of the Riu's because the location is within walking distance to Calle 5 (where the nightlife is).
Old Dec 4th, 2003, 01:03 PM

You won't do better than the Iberostar Tucan/ Quetzel. It is fabulous. Good food and drink beautiful grounds fantastic staff nice rooms. Can't find a negative thing to say about it.We have been 3 times now and it seems to get better everytime.
Old Dec 5th, 2003, 04:49 AM

Barcelo is a nice resort, but not as close to the town of Playa Del Carmen as the others you mention (15-20 min. cab ride vs. 5 min or even walkable).