Tour Companies in Costa Rica

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29th, 2008, 12:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I intend to go to Costa Rica in March 2009, and I would like to like to travel with an all inclusive tour group. Ideally, I want a 8-10 day tour, moderately active and a group that is no larger than 12-14 people. There are many tour companies that provide tours, and I would like to know which companies to avoid and which companies are a good bet.
Old Jul 29th, 2008, 03:08 PM
P_M

bookmarking
Old Jul 29th, 2008, 03:47 PM

Try www.costaricaexpeditions.com.
A well respected travel company in Costa Rica.
Old Jul 29th, 2008, 06:43 PM

I recommend Conexiones Uni
Old Sep 18th, 2008, 11:52 AM
egh

I also need help.Has anyone ever worked with an agency called My Costa Rica? They put together an interesting itinerary for me but I would like to know if they are reliable.
Old Nov 4th, 2008, 05:56 AM

Highly recommend General Tours. They will do your tour no matter if you are the only one involved. They will arrange all hotels and transportation and you can select form a variety of excursions as part of the base price. You can of course add on more.

They use Conexiones Uni which was mentioned above as their local provider in CR. They are excellent.

We used General Tours in August and what we liked is that it is pretty independent, but the transfers from one location to the next are provided. At each location, except for the included excursions, you are pretty much on your own.

Excellent outfit.
Old Nov 4th, 2008, 09:18 AM

I'm going to CR this winter with GAP Adventures www.gapadventures.com - they have a number of group trips. The one I'm going on is 9 days, and they take care of all the travel and accomodations (just not the flight over). Then, you can pick among the optional activities and pay local tour guides/groups upfront. It's about 10-15 people on each tour.
Old Nov 6th, 2008, 07:46 PM

If you haven't booked yet, I can highly recommend Overseas Adventure Travel (OAT).

We have only great things to say about traveling with OAT. We have gone with them to Peru, Australia, Croatia/Slovenia/Bosnia, and have another tour booked with them to Central America (Route of the Maya) in the February/March timeframe.

We love to travel with OAT because of the small groups - two of our tours had 15 travelers (max is 16), and our last tour only had 11 people, and their fantastic tour directors. It's so much easier, and great fun, traveling with a small group.

We also love the way OAT tries to impart a knowledge of the country and it's people while on tour. Most of the time, a home visit and meal is included, and often a visit to a school is included. These have been highlights of our tours with them. On our last tour with them, in September, we had a very memorable meal with a family in Sarajevo, Bosnia. We talked about their experiences during the war and how life is there now for them. (There is always at least one English speaker at these home visits.)

We have also traveled to Costa Rica, and arranged a private tour with a tour company. It was very expensive to travel that way - and we didn't have a great tour guide like we always have with OAT. OAT tours are very reasonably priced - great value for the money.

If you do decide to go to Costa Rica with OAT, let me know. I received an email from OAT today giving me a special code to give to other travelers booking any of four selected tours of Central America with them. The code gives you a $100 discount per person on those selected tours. (Two Costa Rica tours are included.)

If you have any additional questions about traveling with OAT or about Costa Rica, please feel free to email me at: [email protected]