Search

tabacon resort

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tabacon resort

Hi all I'm wondering if anyone has been to the hotel here, we are considering getting married here and would like to know what people think of it!
Old Jun 5th, 2011, 05:20 PM

We've gone to the hot springs there but have not stayed at the hotel. The hot springs are pretty and elaborate with a water slide, big waterfall etc. It can get crowded because busloads of tourists come to use the springs, so I'd make sure that you would be able to be in a private area.
Old Jun 6th, 2011, 06:01 AM

beautiful place for a wedding especially if you are having guests from the States as it will meet everyone's needs and the bonus of being able to go to the hot springs (which I have seen the Tabacon Hot Springs Grand Spa as one of the top 10 in the world)....it is also a relatively easy place to get your guests to....people on these sites tend to lean towards the EcoThermal Hot Springs which are great and more rustic but seriously, with the Grand Spa, nothing beats Tabacon. Now when I go, I stay at other hotels in el Castillo but always go to Tabacon Hot Springs but I always think if I were bringing folks from the States, especially elders, I would have them stay at Tabacon!
Have a nice wedding!
Old Jun 6th, 2011, 03:23 PM

Rooms are nice, but Springs are very nice.Great beeakfast.We stayed there in Feb.,and it rained every day. Never saw the volcano.Since we went in a non-rainy season,I would be a little concerned if you planned any outdoor activities. If not,Tabacon would be great.If you want outdoor activities, I would suggest you go south; perhaps Los Suenos.Good beach and more predictable weather.
Old Jun 6th, 2011, 06:34 PM

It's been quite a few years since we stayed at Tabacon. That said, I will never forget walking into our room, looking out the window, and watching the volcano 'belch' steam and rocks down the side. It was just one of 'those' life moments.

In all honesty, the rooms were just ok, but, I could sit outside and watch the toucans in the trees and the volcano.

The hot springs were truly awesome.
Old Jun 7th, 2011, 03:51 AM

Have stayed at Tabacon.com a bunch over the

years best hot springs CR Vibe Go for the

night lava volcano view suites

watching and HEARING the lava crackling down the

sides for the volcano with howler monkey cries

in the distance from my bedroom truly amazing

Other rooms are ok not great food is a little better

than it used to be still my fav.

Other posibilities

royalcorin.com new modern rooms great jacuzzis in their

suites from personal experience best fine food and spa

thespringscostarica.com sort of Disneyesque for me

they slaughtered an entire teak forest to build it

no lava view caged animals birds sort of sad but spectacular .

www.lostiguanaresort.com my #2 lava view close to tabacon

2nd floor rooms are nice quite romantic no hot springs.

Congrats!
Old Jun 7th, 2011, 04:51 AM

Lost Iguana does have a heated pool though. Judge has a good point; I guess you'd have to have a contingency plan in case of rain.
Old Jun 7th, 2011, 07:51 AM

I agree with Jean, the rooms at Tabacon are just ok. The main advantage is that admission to the hot springs is included in the room rate. If you go to the springs and make use of that, Tabacon is very nice for a wedding. The restaurant is very expensive for that area, but it was nice. We paid extra for a volcano view room, and ended up with an obstructed view. In hindsight, it really wasn't worth the extra money we ended up spending for the view.
Old Jun 9th, 2011, 10:14 AM

If a lava view is important, make sure to check out where it is - Tabacon had lava views in the past, but I don't think that is the case any longer. I think only a few places on the sw side of the volcano have lava views at this time.
Old Jun 9th, 2011, 04:28 PM

I'm not sure anyone is seeing lava at the moment, actually. The hotel should be able to tell you.
Old Jun 9th, 2011, 06:25 PM

http://www.arenal.net/arenal-costa-rica-map.htm shows a good hotel map. From what I hear, the volcano isn't very active lately.