Which hot spring is the best in La Fortuna?

Old Jul 22nd, 2011, 07:08 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which hot spring is the best in La Fortuna?

We are finally here and trying to choose the right one! Is Tabacon worth it or should we go to Baldi or the Springs, anyone...
Old Jul 22nd, 2011, 07:29 AM

Our favorite is Eco Termales. It's charming, locally owned, and they limit entry to 100 people so it doesn't get too crowded. They also serve a good chicken dinner. Tabacon is nice too, more elaborate with a water slide, etc. The Springs always gets good reviews but some people say it's a little more artificial. Haven't been to Baldi, but the people we've talked to that have gone there didn't love it.
Old Jul 22nd, 2011, 09:52 AM

Baldi is more fun for a group or family. It's more crowded, many pools that you can walk between, the ones in the back are quieter, some others have swim up bars. There are lots of choices on temperature, some that are easy to enter for seniors (ie sloping entry with handrail). Also two FAST slides. Some people make it sound like it's some kind of a fun zone "artificial" but that isn't so, the pathways are stone and it is nicely landscaped. Skip the food, though.
Old Jul 22nd, 2011, 09:53 AM

And Baldi is MUCH less expensive than Tabacon, which can also get crowded with tour groups.
Old Jul 22nd, 2011, 11:31 AM

I've only been to Tabacon, and we were staying at the resort, so it was included in the room rate. I loved the springs. We thought it was beautiful! We were there in early May and didn't find it crowded at all. I would go back to the springs in a second.

Last trip we wanted to try the Springs Resort, they offer a great 2 day pass I believe. But we wanted to go in the evenings after the day's activities and every night we were in Arenal we had major downpours with thunder and lightening. Not quite great for hot springs! So we never got there. I have heard pretty good reviews though.

I've also been to Las Lagos hot springs, which are part of their hotel property and they're fine. Nothing like Tabacon - but if you're staying at their hotel, we didn't see a reason to pay to go to anywhere else. They have several different springs pools to go into.

I think if I was returning I'd go for The Springs next time.
Old Jul 22nd, 2011, 11:58 AM

The Springs is a bargain at $40 for two days...and was practically empty when we were there a couple of weeks ago. Artificial, yet beautiful and you will be alone in many of the pools/springs. We had a great time there.
Old Jul 22nd, 2011, 12:59 PM

www.tabacon.com best for me LAVA NIGHT views stay there from

$149 on discounters like sidestep.com get in free.

Expensive to come in from outside though

Eco T 4 pools small family run nice food crowded

Baldi cheap watch your stuff

Los Perdidos thespringscostarica.com sort of plastic but nice

arenal.net good info but Tabacon always for me...
Old Jul 22nd, 2011, 01:18 PM

You can also check the reviews over on tripadvisor. They have pics as well.
Old Jul 22nd, 2011, 02:15 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for all advise!
Old Jul 22nd, 2011, 04:20 PM

Sorry no lava at the moment.

Baldi has lockers now. No worries.
Old Jul 23rd, 2011, 03:50 PM
Original Poster

We went to eco termales we allmost had it to ourselves! We only stayed a couple of hours because we had just been to the waterfall but it was wonderful and we all had fun! Thanks for the suggestion volcanogirl!
Old Jul 23rd, 2011, 05:41 PM

That's awesome, Sarah. It was the same with us. I love the setting there. Glad you had fun!
Old Jul 26th, 2011, 08:43 AM

Eco Termales was where we went as well; it's amazing! Our group was probably about 30 people, and other than us there where maybe 4 other visitors. We stayed in the hot springs all evening, it's gorgeous stonework, many different temperature pools to choose from, and even a waterfall and a pool with a little water shower thing. We had dinner while we where still there, as a group event thing, and they made chicken. steak and fish for us.. even a plaintain dish for the vegetarians like myself! I would go back in a heartbeat!!
Old Jul 29th, 2011, 03:44 AM

Costa Rica would be best option for you to visit. On the Pacific side of Costa Rica, lush rain forest enfolds Playa Manuel Antonio, a crescent-shaped stretch of white sand just outside the sportfishing town of Quepos. This popular beach and national park hits all the right notes for a tropical beach fantasy,

If you are wondering for the vacation rental home is located right on the beach and within walking distance of one of Costa Rica's top tourist destinations, Manuel Antonio National Park.