Notices

Tabacon Hot Springs Lodge

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 01:21 PM
porter

Tabacon Hot Springs Lodge

Does anyone have any information about the Tabacon Hot Springs Lodge? I am planning to be in Costa Rica for 10 days in August and wanted to spend a few days there. It looks great and the price is right, but I am cynical that maybe it is not all that it is cracked up to be. Any ideas on where I should spend the other few days?

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 10:31 AM
Tess

>
porter,

Here are couple threads discussing topic about Tabacon. As I'd previously described, I did have a pleasant stay at Tabacon with the caveat that I was there in September (low season) and do understand that it gets REALLY busy during high season. The main reason to stay at Tabacon itself is the easy access to the hot springs --- if you don't plan on spending much time on R&R, then you might enjoy one of the other accommadations in the area and visit the hot springs as a daytripper. If I couldn't or chose not to stay at Tabacon, I'd consider a place that we ate lunch at, Montana del Fuego. It's located on the same road as Tabacon, approx. 2-3 miles away. Their best rooms, small cabins, afford a direct view of the Arenal Volcano. I don't know whether or not this place has hot springs. I've seen mention of other hot springs in area on this forum --- Tabacon is the most "high end"; certainly not as foo-foo as what you can find in Mexico or a 4-star place in US.

http://www.fodors.com/forums/pgMessages.jsp?fid=6&tid=34371124&numresponses=4&s tart=0&searchText=tabacon

(thread titled “Tabacon Resort or Other”)

and

http://www.fodors.com/forums/pgMessages.jsp?fid=6&tid=34369049&numresponses=8&s tart=0&searchText=tabacon

(thread titled “Arenal Volcano Accommodations”)

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 11:23 AM
porter

Tess,
Thanks so much for getting back to me. I try to read all of the links before posting but I must have missed those. Thanks for the info!

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 01:25 PM
Kelly

Spent threee days at Tabacon last year-it is beautiful and definately worth the extra money. The Springs are amazing, and the pools are a great way to spend a night too. You can actually sit at the bar, while being in the heated pool, and watch the volcano erupt at the same time. Try the canopy tour while you are there-and I recommend the mudd spa treatments-definatley an experience!!! Don't miss out on this place- I travel alot and it is top three for me!!

Old Dec 7th, 2002, 10:50 AM
porter

Kelly,
Thank you so much for letting me know about the springs. I am pretty much sold on the idea now and it is great to know ahead of time that it is a worth while experience. Thanks again!

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 09:19 AM
up4more

????
Anymore opinions, suggestions, feedback?