Search

spa services at Royal Hideaway

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4th, 2003, 07:58 AM
JCH
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
spa services at Royal Hideaway

My husband and I will be going to the Royal Hideaway from Dec.19-23 for our anniversary. We would like to book some spa services. Any particular treatments you found to be good and any particular people we should request. I've heard Margarite(sp)is good for massages. Thanks
Old Dec 4th, 2003, 09:09 AM

Try the hot-stone massage. It is absolutely wonderful. Pricey but worth it for a very special treat!
Old Dec 4th, 2003, 12:28 PM

My husband and I just returned after our 5-day stay at the Royal Hideaway. We didn't use their spa services at all but your villa concierge will probably be able to make recommendations for you. You'll love the premises. We spent most of our time on the beach and by the pool. There is a small shopping center across the street (to the left) of the hotel. Unless you see something you really like, do not buy it until you shop around Calle 5. They have the same items but at a little cheaper price. Also, if you're planning to take the ferry across to Cozumel, make sure the water is calm that day. We got very seasick from going and coming back on the ferry. Be prepared to dress for dinner. No jeans or t-shirts allowed in the restaurants. All in all, it was great fun (except when my husband got food poisoning - there was just no preparing against that aside from the usual common sensical don'ts). Have fun.
Old Dec 4th, 2003, 02:24 PM
JCH
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses. I'm sorry about your husband. I have gotten sick in Mexico before, so I'm a little nervous about that.
Eileen,the stone massage sounds great. Any recommendations from anyone for the facial or body treatments.
Old Dec 4th, 2003, 04:07 PM

Hi...We went to RH the last weekend in May. It was a nice liitle escape .Good food , great beach and ocean, good service...rooms could have used a little updating.We never got sick once..in fact, for an AI,the food was fabulous. We had a wonderful "couples massage" at the spa.I would highly recommend this.Great atmosphere ...very relaxing and romantic.You'll have a wonderful time...Feel free to ask any additional questions!