Royal Hideaway or Nevis FS?

Nov 7th, 2003, 09:57 AM
Original Poster

Royal Hideaway or Nevis FS?

I'm planning a trip next spring (March, April) and am looking at RH or the Four Season in Nevis. I've read great things here about both. Any suggestions in helping me decide? Thanks.
Nov 7th, 2003, 10:08 AM

Can't speak for Royal Hideaway, but we just returned from Nevis. Four Seasons is beautiful. If you golf, this is the place for you; the grounds and course are immaculate and lush. The Spa is absolutely decadent, and the beach is everything you could ask for, plus Nevis is so quiet and laid-back. IMHO,
you can't go wrong with this resort. You could check in and never leave the grounds for a week, but there is plenty to do if you choose.....take a quick ferry trip across to St. Kitts, tour the shops in Charlestown, and don't forget to take a stroll from your beach to Sunshine's, a cool little restaurant and bar right on the water, for a torch-lit dinner right on the beach.
Nov 7th, 2003, 02:18 PM

We went to RH this past May...It really is great ,especially for an all-inclusive.Great beach, pretty good food,no kids,and the ocean was so wonderful to swim in we rarely got out.This being said, however, you really cant compare it to a Four Seasons.The rooms at RH,while adequate, are not luxe.I dont think one can really even compare the two.I would go back to RH for a fun little get-away ...Iknow I would go to FSNevis for a lot longer and I havent even been!
Nov 12th, 2003, 08:40 AM

Second the last poster -- been to RH and wishing to go to 4 Seasons -- they are not quite in the same class, but then again, RH will cost you much less. RH gets my vote for best value/upscale vacation we have had (I liked it better than the Ritz Jamaica and much less $$.) It is not 4 Seasons luxury, but it is still upscale -- you are greeted with champagne, cool towels, etc. And the food was just about the best we have had in Mexico or the Caribbean.
Nov 12th, 2003, 09:09 AM

I think you should decide based on what you want to get out of your vacation...

I've been to FS Nevis, but I've NEVER heard one bad thing about the RH.

If you think you'll be spending most or all of your time on whichever proerty you chose, go with RH. Since it's AI, you'll get good food and a nice plce to stay with stuff closeby to do if you get bored.

If you're the adventurous type, think you'll rent a car and go exploring and like local food, but want to be pampered to the extreme when you're at your resort, go with the FS. Why?

The food and drink at the FS is ungodly expensive, and we found it to be good, but certainly not worth the sky high prices. You can easily add $200 to $300 per day dining and/or drinking there, but you can cut that in half or more by venturing out and about.

We've been to Nevis twice - the first time stayed at FS and the second time in a villa. The first time we pretty much stayed around the property. The second time, we rented a car for the whole 2 weeks and ran the wheels off of it. The second trip was MUCH better, despite not staying in the "lap of luxury."

You can't lose with either choice...

fyi - late April is considered off-season in both locales and rates drop quite a bit.
Nov 12th, 2003, 12:09 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your comments. We're probably going late April, and I've priced them both out. RH is a few hundred $ more, but of course that includes all meals, and the price for FS only includes breakfast. Adding in the other meals for 7 days will obviously make FS more expensive, especially if we eat at FS. We've stayed at FS in Maui, and just love the pampering, but may want to try something different. Never been to an AI, but would like to try, since we always seem to spend so much extra on meals once we're there.
Thanks again for all your help.
Nov 12th, 2003, 03:09 PM

One other thing...the spa at RH is very good.We had a couples massage and it was wonderful...a must do.Like I said before the ocean/beach here is wonderful ..great to swim in! Have fun!
Nov 13th, 2003, 06:15 AM

I have never been to the FS but I too went to the RH 2 years ago and I have nothing negative to say about this resort. The place, service, food, rooms, grounds, etc. were all top notch. It is a smaller property then the other AIs in the Playacar area but it is definitely the quality of the place that makes up for it. We went in October so it wasn't too crowded. We also were able to do a day excursion to Chichen Itza. We were picked up right in front of the RH and then dropped off. It was very convenient. It is a very good value all and all. I would definitely go back! Good luck. Susan
Nov 13th, 2003, 09:14 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for your input. One more question for those of you that have been to RH--we like some shade when we're on the beach--do they have umbrellas or palapas or anything like that and, if so, how easy/difficult are they to get? Thanks again.

Search this Thread