Search

4S Nevis or Ottley's??

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11th, 2002, 05:44 AM
robert

4S Nevis or Ottley's??

I am planning a honeymoon for June 2003. I have decided on either the 4S Nevis or Ottleys Plantation on ST Kitts. I would appreciate any recommendations, especially from recent visitors.

Old Sep 11th, 2002, 06:08 AM
Nancy

Robert,<BR>These 2 properties are extremely different from each other.<BR>Why don't you give us a little more info about what is important to you in your vacation so we can help you better?

Old Sep 11th, 2002, 07:55 AM
robert

I am looking for exceptional service and luxury and a unique experience with little/no children around. I would like to do some activities but also would require a lot of relaxation time.<BR>Exceptional food and drink would also be important.

Old Sep 11th, 2002, 08:55 AM
Nancy

I'll give you my impressions based on what you are looking for.<BR>Exceptional service and luxury - FS wins on this one. I've never felt so pampered. There is a lot of attention to detail in beautiful surroundings.<BR>Little or no children - Either property would have very few children around in June. I don't think we saw more than 1 or 2 when we were at FS last in off-season. Ottley's does not have the kind of atmosphere that children would usually be found (no beach).<BR>Activites/relaxation - Once again, either of the places you mention would be great. The beach at FS is palm-lined and one of the nicest on Nevis. The views from Ottley's are lovely too, and both places are very quiet. There is more activity and things to be seen and do on St. Kitts in my opinion, but a ferry trip over from Nevis is easy.<BR>I did not find the food at FS to be up to par for the cost. That was really my only complaint about FS. The food at Ottley's was much better.<BR>These are only my impressions, but for romance, either place would be great.<BR>I would also suggest looking into Montpelier and The Hermitage on Nevis. They are both romantic, gorgeous, and have spectacular food.

Old Sep 11th, 2002, 09:41 AM
robert

Nancy - Thanks for the input. How is the pool at Ottleys? What did you not like about Ottleys? I can seem to find any negatives about it on any website.

Old Sep 11th, 2002, 09:54 AM
Nancy

The pool at FS is definitely bigger and more luxurious than Ottley's, but the intimate atmosphere at the pool at Ottley's is really nice.<BR>There wasn't really anything to complain about at Ottley's - we just prefer Nevis to St. Kitts. <BR>If I had to sum it up, I'd say that Four Seasons is very nice, but more nouveau riche. Ottley's is more "old money" and elegant luxury.<BR>It was reflected in the other guests we encountered. While the people at FS were interested in "what do you do, where do you live," (i.e. - "how much $$$ do you make") the guests at Ottley's were an older, well-traveled group who talked mainly about some of the interesting places they had been.<BR>Again, almost all of the higher end properties on St. Kitts and Nevis would be wonderful choices for a honeymoon.

Old Sep 11th, 2002, 10:00 AM
robert

Nancy - Thanks for all your great info. I would appreciate anybody elses opinions as well.