should we go to iguassu fall or not?

Old Mar 16th, 2002, 01:41 PM
mark

should we go to iguassu fall or not?

We are travelling to Brazil for our honeymoon and have a few destinations, which means extra flight times and travel days. We were planning on making a last stop at Iguassu falls, and were recommended to spend only one day. We are wondering if it's worth it? It will cost us a few hundred dollars extra for the flight, and add a few more flights. We are undecided because we love waterfalls but we don't want waste time on travel days unless it is a once in a life time type of thing. Can anyone offer any advice?

Old Mar 16th, 2002, 06:37 PM
john

Our advice would be ...absolutely do go. We were there at New Years prior to a cruise out of Rio. It is well worth the visit.
I would recommend staying at the Sheraton on the Argentine side as there is a lot more viewing that you can do from that side. We spent our first nite on the Brazilian side and then two nites at the Sheraton.
I wonder if the person who recommended only one day had been to the Argentine side. Certainly one day would be adequate on the Brazilan side.

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 05:34 PM
Rosa

Iguassu is glorious. If they still do helicopter rides over it, do take it! Wonderful pix from hanging out the window...

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 08:04 PM
camille nixon

You should absoloutely go to Iguazu falls. They are magnificent and magical. Do stay on the Argentine side at the Sheraton and also go to the Brazil side as they are two very different perspectives on the falls. The falls are nature at it's grandest, on the scale of the Grand Canyon. There is also lots of wildlife and bird life to see here also. Watch the movie "The Mission" with Jeremy Irons and Robert DeNiro before you go, it gives you a bit of perspective on the history of the missions and the Guarani indians. Have fun. the Nixons in Charlotte

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 01:16 PM
Beatriz Froio

You must go !!!
And try to go to Praia da Pipa close to Natal in the northeast , ist a most!!!
Nice trip

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 01:41 PM
Byron

Mark,
I would definitly visit Iguassu Falls! It is definitly the eight wonder of the world! Although most people have spoken in favor of staying on the Argentine side, I speak in favor of staying on the Brazilian side because I stayed at the Tropical Das Cataratas near the waterfalls. It is a very nice hotel (maybe kind of pricey) but it would be a great romantic getaway for you and the bride. They have a website, www.tropicalhotel.com.br/english, if you want to check it out. Have a wonderful honeymoon!

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 06:59 PM
pat

Yes, go. I don`t think you will have any problems, as I remember elevators and paved paths. Much more impressive than Niagara. If you haven`t seen the movie "The Mission," then try to rent it. It will give you a real feel for the area. Robert De Niro had stayed at the same Hotel we stayed at, and it was lovely! Go!

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 07:02 PM
pat

Sorry, I didn`t see the honeymoon part and thought I was answering a post from 70 year olds! It`s still a great place to go. I had a bar tender go outside with me, and he showed me the Southern Cross, if you haven`t seen it already.

Old Jul 6th, 2002, 06:32 AM
Larry

Let me just add one little item to your trip to Iguassu. Take some insect repellent with you. I was there and in 20 minutes I was "demolished" by the flies. Of course, I am more personally sensitive to being bitten, but, be prepared. In my opinon the Hotel das Cataratas is the best location of all.
You will enjoy this trip - you will come back saying, "I've never seen so much water in my life, all at one time."
(Oceans excluded). Congratulations LARRY