planning costa rica trip

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 07:58 AM
Kevin S. Freeman

planning costa rica trip

My wife and I will be traveling with another couple to Costa Rica in Feb. We would like to get a private driver to take us from the airport to Arenal. We will stay in Arenal 2 nights and then be driven to Manuel Antonio where we will stay the rest of the time. Since we are flying for free using awards, money is not a limiting factor for hotels. I need recommendations where to stay in Arenal and Manuel Antonio (5 star hotels) and where I can get a private driver. Also we will need to stay in a San Jose hotel for 1 night.

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 09:14 AM
Michael

Email Robbie at Hotel California in Manuel Antonio. She has a beautful place and is very knowledgable.
http://www.hotel-california.com/

Michael
www.spanishdancercharters.com

Old Jul 6th, 2002, 09:40 AM
maria

I've been doing research on Costa Rica for my trip next month and I found that there are several great hotels in Manuel Antonio. Check out www.makanda.com and www.sicomono.com

Old Jul 6th, 2002, 10:56 AM
Iza

You will be hard pressed to find a five star hotel in Arenal. The accommodations there tend to be rather rustic.
Here are what are probably considered the top places there: Tabacon Resort and Montana de Fuego.
For what looks like a deluxe place to stay at both Manuel Antonio and Arenal check this one out:
http://www.lamansioninn.com/ (scroll to the bottom of the screen for the link to the Arenal hotel).
In Manuel Antonio also check out El Parador.
I would recommend that you stay outside of San Jose for your first (last) night. We really liked Xandari (www.xandari.com).

Old Jul 6th, 2002, 10:57 AM
Iza

I forgot to add that once you decide on hotels you can ask those hotels to arrange transportation for you. Most work regularly with private drivers and will be happy to make the arrangements for you.