Search

Iguazu or Mendoza?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 09:08 AM
olivia

Iguazu or Mendoza?

Hi ... anyone have any thoughts on what would make a better side trip -- the Falls or seeing the Andes in Mendoza. We'd like to do both, but then it seems that we'll spend all our time on planes. Can you get away with one night at the falls or do you really need two? Thanks,<BR>Olivia

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 09:53 AM
info

Olivia, a trip to Iguaz&uacute; Falls is a must, even if you can stay there just one night.<BR>If you have a chance, try both, as Iguaz&uacute; is 1 hour 30 flight, while Mendoza is a two hours flight, but I would spend more time in Iguaz&uacute; and leave Mendoza for another trip. You will love Argentina, and you will want to return soon.

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 04:51 PM
Dan

The Falls definitely. Absolutely stay at the Cataracts(sp?) Hotel. The Falls are right outside your door.

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 08:19 AM
Andy

The Falls.<BR><BR>They make Niagra look insignificant. Iguazu is one of those things to do before you die.<BR><BR>I went one day 2 1/2 years ago. Stayed at a nondescript hotel away from the Falls. Still brilliantly burned into my memory. Booked a day trip from the hotel while I was there. Minibus picked me up took me to the falls. Walked around the many paths and bridges. Got a jeep ride and a walk through the jungle. Took an inflatable boat on the river right up to the falls. They are stunning - primordial is the best description. The day trip was about $80.<BR><BR>Go.<BR><BR>

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 08:37 AM
Pete

Mendoza is a bit of a disappointing city. It is pretty enough but there is not a huge amount to do. You need a few days in the area to get out of the city and up into the Andes. Unless you can devote a minimum of three whole days to the area I do not think it is worth visiting. Therefore, go to the Falls and save Mendoza for another time.