Secrets Maroma Beach - For those that have been there

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28th, 2010, 04:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Greetings Secrets Maroma Beach Veterans!!

We will be visiting the Secret's Maroma Beach (SMB) in May 2010 for 7 days
Since I have seen much interest in this Resort, I am collecting as much information as I can concerning SMB prior to arrival so that we will know all the ins & out of the Resort. Afterward, I will have a very detailed review that covers all aspects of the trip to help out others that take their vacation seriously and want as much information upfront. I need your detailed coverage.

Beach - Pretty much covered, Travel Channel #1..... etc.

Snorkeling - I see on Google Earth that a reef runs near shore to the south of the resort, did anyone try snorkeling in that area. How about snorkeling out of Puerto Moralos, anyone have experience there? How about a cab ride to Puerto Moralos?

Food - Most reviews cover their likes and dislikes. I want to know the best dishes at each restaurants, best waiters names if possible any special requests that can be made. Best breakfas/lunch details with names. Any helpful hints for a better experience.

Bars - Hardly any in depth coverage on what consitutes premium liquor. We enjoy a good drink and want to know what the premium alcohol selection is. What is the best drink you had at SMB. Which bars are the most comfortable, quiet, crowded or good place to meet others.
Best place to get a good drink. There is always a handful of colorful characters at these bars, who are they and what makes them special.

Rooms- Best Buildings, any problems, how is room serevice, any secrets in getting better serive any special requests covered? Do they actually deliver alcoholic drinks to your room ?
Mini Bar, is it stocked well or just the average couple of bottles of - beer, water, soda? Any advice on how to get a gratis up-grade?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences and suggestions.

Hopefully we can put together some valuable information.

If you have any secrets that you do not want to ruin but may be willing to share with me, send a personal message, I will not dilvulge those secrets.

Respectfully
Marc
Old Mar 29th, 2010, 12:52 PM

We stayed at SMB for a week in October. I will address the buildings. The buildings have four floors. The first floor rooms are the "swim out" rooms. There is a swimming pool in front of all the "swim out" rooms - it is not a "private" swimming pool. You will be in the pool with all the other couples staying in "swim out" rooms. The first floor rooms are the noiciest because everyone walks back and forth, gets on and off the elevator, gets ice from the ice machine and talks with the concierge who's desk is also there. The second and third floor rooms have balconies. They are a little quieter than the first floor rooms. They are called "Partial Ocean View". The fourth floor rooms have a balcony but it doesn't have a full roof on it and if it rains during your stay your balcony and the furniture on it will get all wet. There is also a lot of bird droppings on the fourth floor balconies because the birds like to sit on the partial roof. Fourth floor rooms are called "ocean view". These buildings are set back from the beach. The "Preferred" rooms are exactly the same but they are in the buildings closer to the beach. There are also a few "ocean front" buildings.
Old Nov 21st, 2011, 11:04 PM

Hello Marc,

I'm heading to secrets maroma in May 2012 and would love to hear about your trip especially the answers to your questions above. I have many of the same ones! Especially about drink selections etc. Could you send me a message with details of your experience? I'd greatly appreciate it.