rio & buzios a few questions

Old Feb 24th, 2002, 09:46 AM
mike

rio & buzios a few questions

hi i am going to sao paulo on march 4th i intend to fly straight on to rio am i best getting tickets at rio airport or from varig ticket office in uk i have booked into the carlton rio atlantica as i found a good price was this a good choice on the 9th march i have booked a week at the megaresort buzios what is the best way to travel between the two the hotel has offered a transfer but it seems a bit dear at $140 return for 2 people and finally is it worth dragging my snorkelling gear to rio and buzios thanks to anyone who answers these queries

Old Feb 24th, 2002, 10:10 AM
Don

Mike, I am going to Rio and Buzios next week myself. The Rio Atlantica on Ave Atlantica is a very nice hotel, you should have no problem. As far as the price for a transfer to Buzios, roundtrip for $140 is a good price for a private car, if that is what you are getting. It is probably the quickest way to get there and back. You could take a van which is not private they may stop to pick up a few more guests this may be less money maybe $40 roundtrip per person so that would be $80 for the 2 of you. This may take more time as they will have to stop to pick up the other passengers and you don't know where they are or how long you have to wait. The third choice is to take the bus at the rodavario and this may cost only a few dollars each way but it is not private and will take longer to get there with not a door to door service. Thats it, it depends upon how easy you want to make it for yourself. Your snorkelling gear in Rio won't be of any use, its probably not a good snorkelling place at all unless you want to see where the Cariocas dump their trash. In Buzios Im sure that this type of activity is very popular as I know that scuba diving is very popular there, if you don't want to carry it with you it might be possible to rent that type of stuff in Buzios. Have a good trip and if you have anymore questions, just ask.

Old Feb 24th, 2002, 10:15 AM
Don

Check out these sites there may be some info on transportation to Buzios.

http://www.buziosonline.com.br/home/english/index.cfm

http://www.buziosturismo.com/indexingles.htm

Old Feb 24th, 2002, 10:16 AM
mike

thank you your reply is helpful the $140 charge was for the hotel coach it was double for a private car

Old Feb 24th, 2002, 02:47 PM
erin

Mike,
March 2001 my sister spent a few days in Buzios using the public bus from Rio. She said the ride took about 2 hours (with 0 stops)and cost around $20 USD. The only drawback was the bus dropped you off in a central location in Buzios and you had to take a taxi to your hotel. But if you want to save money, it may be the way to go. Good Luck!

Old Feb 25th, 2002, 05:07 AM
Don

Mike, what Erin is saying is correct the only problem is as he is saying is that you will be dropped off in the middle of Buzios, also in Rio you will have to find your way to the bus station from your hotel. $140 for a hotel coach if it is not private is a little high, if you don't find transportation on the websites I sent you then when you get to Rio you may be able to find taxi drivers who may take you for less. In Rio everybody is trying to make a buck and they will negotiate.

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 12:20 PM
mike

hi thanks erin i just wondered was the price your sister paid on the bus to buzios a single fare or return

Old Mar 1st, 2002, 11:35 AM
Tania

Hi Mike - US$ 20 probably NOT ONLY one way. Just in case, the central bus station name is "Rodoviaria NOVO RIO".

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 01:07 PM
Don

Topper