recoleta or el centro

Old Mar 26th, 2005, 11:00 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
recoleta or el centro

If we want to stay where most of the restaurants,shopping and night life are,which area is better? any other comments?
Old Mar 26th, 2005, 11:58 AM

We just returned from Argentina yesterday and were not ready to leave even after seventeen days. We spent nine days in Buenos Aires. We loved it! I will write a trip report in the next few days.

We stayed in both Recoleta and Retiro. Each was different and each has its own recommendations.

We were glad to be in Recoleta first as it is not as hectic. There is more shopping and I presume night life in el centro but good restaurants are everywhere.

Old Mar 29th, 2005, 08:07 AM

I lived in Buenos Aires (in Recoleta) for about a year and a half. I would definitly recommend staying in Recoleta and visiting the micro centro. It is a very short cab ride. The location of Recoleta is perfect if you want to travel South to el centro and San Telmo or North to Palermo and Tigre. You can actually walk to many places.
Old Mar 30th, 2005, 09:58 AM

We changed a lot of hotels in BA as we kept going backwards and forwards. Stayed in palermo, San Telmo, Centro and Recoleta - all are worth it. Plenty of restaurants and shops everywhere. San telmo is more alternative and trendy. Taxis are cheap and plenty of them, there is not a lot of traffic. Can't go wrong in BA!
Old Apr 16th, 2005, 08:37 PM

It's tough to go wrong in Recoleta. The area is just really beautiful with tree lined streets, Eurpeans architecture, great shopping, and cafes and restaurants on every other corner. There are police everywhere if you don't feel safe. Honestly, I could blindfold you before your trip and take it off after you landed and put you in many parts of Recoleta and you'd think you were in Europe.

I live in Recoleta and I really love it. Most of my clients stay in my apartments in Recoleta and they ALL have loved the area. It is very centralized as well.
Old Apr 17th, 2005, 02:26 PM

Too many choices is bad , but try Palermo Soho area for all what youe are asking.
I can recommend 2
Malabia House and BOBO
santiagov