Puerto Vallarta hotel recommendations

Old Jul 31st, 2007, 11:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Puerto Vallarta hotel recommendations

We are considering going to Puerto Vallarta around Xmas this year. A travel agent just called with a deal on the Vallerta Palace w/ airfare from Cincinnati for about $3900 fo 6 nights (2 people). Should I grab it? Is this a good inclusive resort? Can anyone recommend another place to stay? Based on trip advisor reviews, this place has its deficits.
Old Jul 31st, 2007, 12:43 PM

Vallarta Palace is actually in Nuevo Vallarta which is a pretty far away from the actual town of P.V. I never stay at an all inclusive because there are so many many places to eat. That is the one thing I love about P.V. is the variety of things to see and do, if you go to an all inclusive seems that you stay at the hotel and miss seeing so much. That said if I were to go to an AI I would recommend Dreams, I stayed there previously when it was not an AI however it has rec'd great reviews. Check it out on trip advisor. One other thing it is close to town. Good Luck I am going in Nov usually go in NOv & March
Old Jul 31st, 2007, 01:01 PM

It really depends on what you want to see or do and if you really want to be in Puerto Vallarta. That price seems high for a resort on the outskirts of Puerto Vallarta. I would definitely do more research. Many posters prefer to be in or close to the Puerto Vallarta town center. My preference is Old Town where walking to many things of interest is easy. Check out Playa Los Arco --good reviews vary, but it is Smack in the middle of all good restaurants and things to do.
Old Jul 31st, 2007, 02:06 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
For all-inclusives in Puerto Vallarta I would only pick between Hotel Playa Los Arcos, Buenventura or Villa Premiere... but that's because I like to be walking distance to downtown.

Nuevo Vallarta is anywhere between 25 to 45 mins. to the north in a resort area.
Old Jul 31st, 2007, 02:06 PM

Or maybe Dreams just a few minutes to the south of town & on a nice beach.
Old Jul 31st, 2007, 04:19 PM

Suze said "but that's because I like to be walking distance to downtown".

Suze, I don't see anywhere that the OP was asking what YOU would do...

To only give those two (and then add Dreams) as options for AI is seriously short changing - HOW MANY AI have you actually stayed in????

We ALL KNOW YOU ONLY STAY SOUTHSIDE BLAH BLAH BLAH...turn the record over
Old Jul 31st, 2007, 04:47 PM
KVR

We're currently researching also for a trip to PV, but we're going the 3rd week of April '08. We chose the Playa Los Arcos based on several sites and message boards. We like that it is an inexpensive AI property on the beach and within walking distance to several resturants, bars, and entertainment.

The price you listed seems very high. However, that is probably due to the Christmas holiday. You're going to pay top dollar for that time of year. The Vallerta Palace is also a nicer hotel. We're looking at around $2,100 for 7 nights with air for 2 people in April.
Old Aug 1st, 2007, 06:27 AM

Nosocks~~ Wendy did ask: "Can anyone recommend another place to stay?" And I mentioned a few places I know are good. What are your suggestions for her?
Old Aug 1st, 2007, 07:27 AM

Wow. For someone with no socks and no shoes, you're really wound up tight. Sounds like you need a week in PV.

To Wendy - if you are interested in an AI, Dreams is supposed to be excellent. Nice hotel and beach, and pretty close to town for shopping and an occasional off-site restaurant meal.

I will add that unless you plan to drink extremely heavily for a week, $3900 sounds like a lot of money. There are plenty of reasonably priced oceanfront hotels with nice pools, and PV's restaurants are very good and not expensive.

Have a great time!
Old Aug 1st, 2007, 10:03 AM

Hey no sock, no shoes, what's with you?
Suze only answers questions people ask, why does that bother you so?. Since she travels to P.V. often as I do we almost always give our preferences because that is what the people want to know. I think you came across as having something against Suze maybe you didn't mean to! To wendydeny As for the price I don't think that is too high since I have priced coming out of Phila to Dreams when it wasn't during the holiday and it was about the same. Have a great vacation whatever hotel you choose.
Old Aug 1st, 2007, 11:11 AM

6 nights/2 people/4 grand does sound expensive to me and worth looking at other possibilities.
Old Aug 1st, 2007, 11:18 AM
KVR

I went to beachdestinations.com and priced out vacations from Cincinnati for 7 nights during Christmas and the price you were quoted is on target for that time of year. It all depends if that is what you want to pay. Personally, I think it's way too high, but that's why I don't travel during holidays or high season.

Also, your not going to have very many choices to pick from. Most hotels book up quick for Christmas. If you want to go during that time make a decision soon and book it.
Old Aug 1st, 2007, 03:31 PM

yeah, what's with you, socknoshoes??? Suze is giving the best advice she can because she enjoys sharing her love of PV. She's been a wonderful poster here for a long time, get off her back.
Old Aug 5th, 2007, 09:55 AM

muchas gracias~ butsey, blondlady, robertino, frankie~ it's not the first time someone has yelled at me for being over-enthusiastic about Vallarta on this forum.
;-)
Old Aug 10th, 2007, 07:28 PM

Hey Suze have you seen what they are doing to the Posada Rio Cuale --the hotel right across from (the used to be) Molina de Agua? They are making it into Condos advertising $188,000 as the cheapest, but only a few at that price. No Ocean view. We used to catch the bus there for the home tour. It was a cute hotel, but that's PV progress I guess.
Old Aug 11th, 2007, 06:10 AM

Yes, I saw what is going on at Posada Rio Cuale and Molino de Agua... or where they used to be, I guess I should say. Time is most certainly marching on, for better or worse, in the Old Town.