Search

Puerto Madero and/or Hilton

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20th, 2002, 01:19 PM
George

Puerto Madero and/or Hilton

We are thinking about going to Buenos Aires next year and staying at the Hilton in Puerto Madero. What is this area like? Has anyone stayed or know about the Hilton? Would you recommend? Lastly, what is the weather like in late November?<BR><BR>Thanks

Old Dec 22nd, 2002, 12:26 PM
d

I've stayed there twice in the past 2 months. Very nice area and very good property - I'd rate it 9 out of 10 for Hilton properties. If you can get HHonors Gold or above you'll be able to stay on the executive floors which has a very good lounge.<BR><BR>Weather was nice - in the mid 70's.

Old Dec 23rd, 2002, 04:30 AM
George

D,<BR><BR>Thanks for the great response...nice to know about the executive lounge as I am a Diamond member so that sounds great...btw how long would you recommend spending in Buenos Aires? At the most we will have 5 days but 4 would be better..will that be enough?<BR><BR>

Old Dec 26th, 2002, 09:52 AM
lili

Depending on your interests, but for us 4 days was more than enough - try to go over the weekend to catch the outdoor market in Recoletta. Wednesday night make a reservation for Asia de Cuba dinner right around the ocrner from the Hilton.

Old Dec 27th, 2002, 05:18 AM
marta

These are the must sees:<BR><BR>- San Telmo on Sunday, with the market on Defensa and the antiques shops. Here you see the tango danced in the streets<BR>- The cemetery in Recoleta, with Eva Peron's grave. Best on Saturdays.<BR>- Walk Alvear Avenue, and enjoy the French buildings among the Armani kind shops.<BR>- Take a Tango lesson, just for fun, or go to a Tango dinner with show.<BR>- take the guided tour of the Colon Opera House<BR>- City tour<BR>- Day trip to an Estancia, to see the real gaucho thing and have a huge barbacue<BR>- Day trip to Colonia in Uruguay.<BR>And of course, shopping, shopping shopping, and eating in the best first level restaurants, at incredibly cheap prices<BR><BR>Also, consider walking and exploring neighborhoods. Palermo Viejo is agreat option fow walking and shopping original stuff, especially Honduras street.<BR>Enjoy!<BR><BR>

Old Dec 27th, 2002, 06:47 AM
John

George:<BR><BR>Look under my post of Argentina &amp; Uruguay A-OK. <BR><BR>The Puerto Madero section of Buenos Aires is very modern, and just wonderful. You can walk along the port and on one side see the sleek modern BA of the 21st Century, and on the other, see the historical Casa Rosada and turn-of-the century buildings. <BR><BR>I've only seen the inside and lobby of the Hilton. I'm in love with the staff and property of the Four Seasons, but it appears to be a very modern hotel, and the pool on the top floor does have some great views.<BR><BR>If you love champagne, stop off at the Chandon Bar in Puerto Madero. It's one of my favorite places, it's just a wonderful experience. <BR><BR>November is late spring and early summer, so it's not too hot, the sun is bright (when it's not raining, and even then it tends to burn-off around noon). <BR><BR>Feel free to e-mail me if you have any further questions and enjoy your trip!