Hotel Madero vs. Hilton Buenos Aires

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11th, 2004, 12:11 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be spending 5 nights in Buenos Aires in January. I originally planned to stay at the Hilton for $140 per night. I see that the new Hotel Madero has a special for $99 per night. Does anyone have any feedback on these hotels? A pool is very important to me and I see that the Hilton's pool is outdoors, which is great, but how is the pool at the Madero? Thanks in advance for your comments.
Old Dec 11th, 2004, 03:33 PM

The Madero is smaller than the Hilton, but very nice....sleek and modern, with a touch of Japanese influence in decor. Great service.

The pool in the Madero is on the top floor, indoors....but there is an outdoor deck for lounging. Great view from pool side.

Rooms are modern and well equiped. Room service was prompt and relatively inexpensive.

Old Dec 11th, 2004, 04:08 PM

The Hilton is a beautiful hotel, a 4 star American Standard. Though the location is poor. In an area of new office buildings but not within walking distance of anything of interest.
Old Dec 12th, 2004, 03:28 AM

I disagree. The Hilton is in a new area of Puerto Madero, but is only 6 blocks from the Plaza de Mayo and 8-9 blocks from the Florida street pedestrian mall. Also, The HIlton is on one side of the docks, on the other side....reached by walking across a bridge....the docks are lined with some of the best restaurants in Buenos Aires.
Old Dec 12th, 2004, 04:10 AM

Yes the beautiful Hilton Hotel is next to a variety of office buildings and shops but a mile across a very busy street from the majority of Buenos Aires. A bit like staying in New Jersey instead of Midtown.
Old Dec 12th, 2004, 04:16 AM
Original Poster

Thank you both for your comments. I am going to go with the Hotel Madero because I'll save more than $200 over the length of the stay, it's in the same area as the Hilton and knowing that it has an outdoor deck by the pool clinches it. drdawggy you'll probably be hearing from me again as I plan the trip. Thanks!
Old Dec 12th, 2004, 08:14 AM

John K,

I wouldn't want you to switch hotels based on false impressions I might have left, so let me clarify two points:

1. The Madero is in the same general area as the Hilton, but probably a mile away.

2. The pool and the deck share the same floor, but the the deck is near rather than "by" the pool....one faces the front of the building, the other overlooks the interior courtyard....separated by a short hallway....Not a major distinction for me, but possibly for others....For 200dollars, I would walk a few steps

You will actually save more because services are less at the Madero than at the Hilton.....I will be glad to respond to any questions you might have, other than the week of Dec.20-27, when I won't have regular access to a computer.