Search

Hilton Bunos Aires

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13th, 2004, 07:35 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hilton Bunos Aires

Hi! I'm looking at staying at the Hilton Bunos Aires i just would like some feedback on the hotel and its location etc! thanks
Old Apr 14th, 2004, 02:04 AM

The Hilton is in Puerto Madero. Touristy, but nice area. Tons of restaurants and night life. Near Asia de Cuba, which is both a restaurant and disco.

The area across the dock from the Hilton is lined with warehouses that have been converted to restaurants, etc. Some of the best dining in Buenos Aires....There are lots of choices, but some of my favorites are Rosada, Happening and La Bisteca (an all you can eat restaurant featuring Argentine food). Cabana las Lilas is reputed to be the best steak house in Argentina. It is certainly very good, although for the money I prefer the steak in some other, less expensive places.

The Hilton is also very close to downtown. You can walk in the day time but will need to take a cab at night.
Old Apr 14th, 2004, 05:13 AM
Original Poster

Thank you very much! Sounds pretty much what we are looking for!
Old Apr 21st, 2004, 09:06 AM

We recently returned from BA and I would concur with the information from drdawggy about the hotel.

We generally felt safe but we were cautious. In Rio someone copied our credit card number and tried to charge $1,000 worth of lumber and the credit card company shut down our card.

The Cafe Tortoni is a great spot to visit. We saw a modest tango show there for around $15 and I think we enjoyed it more than some friends who spent over $100.

I have some pictures on a web page:
http://home.ntelos.net/~gpbard1/miscella.htm

Have fun.
Old Apr 21st, 2004, 05:36 PM

Sorry, but I think that the Hilton is in a horrid area! Yes, you are located near many restaurants, but you are very far from Recoleta. There really isn't anything "scenic" in Puerto Madero--just a restaurant "row." I would stay nearer to Recoleta if I had my druthers.