Reload this Page >

Pregnant & traveling to Mexico

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 05:51 AM
Leslie

Hi,<BR>My husband and I are looking for a relaxing, warm vacation in mid-march. I will be 7 months pregnant then (my dr. has ok'd this trip!) and I don't anticipate I will want to go 'exploring' or do anything but flop on the beach and hang at the resort with a nice pool and probably eat all of our meals at the resort. Our only experience in Mexico was Cancun a couple years ago, and were both agreed we wouldn't go back. Any locations/ideas/resort sugguestions? Possibly looking into All-Inclusives, if the price was right. We also want just 1 direct flight to our destination (leaving from NYC).<BR><BR>Thanks in advance for any tips or suggestions.<BR><BR>L.

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 06:04 AM
xxx

I would check applevacations.com for a charter flight. These would insure a direct flight. I would check into the Playa Del Carmen area where you can relax or be busy. The Mexican Rivera offers some quiet areas. Even all adult places. Royal hideway is adults only. ($$$).

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 10:30 AM
kindly, susan

I'm a *big* fan of Mexico but from your post (leaving from East coast, want nonstop flight, looking only to relax in comfort) wouldn't someplace in the Caribbean be easier to do this trip?<BR><BR>Short of that then, yes as posted above to the Caribbean side of the country around Cozumel, Playa del Carmen, Isla Mujeres, etc.

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 08:31 PM
Careful

Be careful. If you give birth in Mexico, your child will be a Mexican citizen and it may be hard to come back to the US.

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 09:54 AM
jessica

you can also try Huatulco or Ixtapa-Ziuatenejo --they are both lovely and less touristy than Cancun.