Porto Real in two weeks! Calling all alumni!

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 03:44 AM
Laurie

Porto Real in two weeks! Calling all alumni!

We'll be leaving for Porto Real in Playa Del Carmen in two weeks. Any advice from Porto Real alumni? Muchas Gracias!

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 01:31 PM
Laurie

Just bringing my post back to the top and hopes of response!

Old Nov 20th, 2002, 09:22 AM
eric

Sorry I can't tell you anything about this resort - Yet. I'll be there in January. Please post a trip report or comments when you get back. I'd love to hear all about this place. Thanks in advance.

Old Nov 20th, 2002, 10:45 AM
leslieh

Hi there~<BR>We stayed there last December and had a great time. The hotel kind of stands out from the rest of the surroundings-bigger than most but still not huge by any means. The rooms are spacious and the service was good. We went the AI plan but only ate at the hotel a few days. There are so many cool and inventive restaurants in PDC you won't want to eat at the hotel every day. Porto is about a 5 minute walk into town- great location! Avoid the time share breakfasts! There was some construction to begin when we were there last year-hopefuly its complete on still on hold when you get there! Beach is narrow in spots but walk north and you have a HUGE beach...not to worry. Enjoy!<BRL <BR>*HINT*We paid for a jr. oceanview suite but the ocean view was minimal to say the least...and I found out on another site to immediately go to the front desk and get your name on the &quot;to be moved&quot; list. We moved to a much better room 2 days later. Try to get on the 3rd floor- the views are nicer.

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 09:31 AM
Laurie

Thank you!

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 10:17 AM
Diane

Just returned 2 weeks ago from a beautiful weekend at the Porto Real. We experienced nothing negative to speak of. The view left a little to be desired, but since we didn't spend alot of time in our room, it wasn't a big deal to us. Overall, our room was fantastic. The restaurants' staff and food were above excellent. The front desk staff and bellmen were terrific. We mostly hung out at the main pool. It was so beautiful and serene. I'm missing it already. You will have a great stay - good luck. Wish I was going with you.

Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 04:13 AM
Laurie

Thanks everyone!