Playa Hermosa Hotels

Old Mar 26th, 2008, 06:38 AM
Original Poster

Playa Hermosa Hotels

I'm planning a trip in Oct-Nov to CR and thinking about Playa Hermosa. Which of these would be best? Villa del Sueno, Hotel El Velro or Hotel Hermosa? I'm an active 74y/o.
Old Mar 26th, 2008, 07:57 AM

I've always stayed at El Velero but lately they have let the place get a little run down. It's a great location, right on the beach and a lively spot with a good restaurant and bar. The rooms are VERY basic and if you decide to book there try to get a room on the first floor as those on the second will get the noise from the road side bar that stays open late at night. Villa del Sueno is nice and has a great (pricey)restaurant but is a bit of a walk to the beach.
I've been wanting to stay in the newer rooms at the Hotel Playa Hermosa, Bosque del Mar based on a visit to their wonderful restaurant. They too are located on the beach w/a very friendly staff.
Old Mar 26th, 2008, 08:50 AM

We stayed at Villa del Sueno in January of 2006 and absolutely loved it! We ate at the restaurant at El Velero and really enjoyed it but it did look a little run down, whereas Villa del Sueno is very nicely kept and elegant (in a simple way). I would stay there, it's only a 5 min. walk to the beach (where I would recommend the restaurant at El Velero of course)...
Old Mar 26th, 2008, 09:12 AM

Another recommendation for Villa del Sueno. It has been a couple of years, but we absolutlely loved the place. Our villa had a great sitting area in the back where we watched the hummingbirds each morning while drinking coffee and getting ready for the day. The walk isn't far and the beach there is great. Enjoy
Old Mar 27th, 2008, 06:14 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for that info. I was hoping to hear from someone that had stayed at the Hotel Playa Hermosa Bosque del Mar. The new rooms look pretty good