liberia lodging?

Oct 28th, 2003, 08:43 AM
kev
Original Poster

liberia lodging?

we're looking for the best place to stay in the liberia area for one night. we want to be close enough to the airport (half hour), but something really nice, as it will be the last night of a 2 week trip. looking for quality rather than value.
Oct 28th, 2003, 04:19 PM

Liberia doesn't have much to choose from. We stayed at BW El Sitio earlier this year, and I would strongly recommend you not waste your money. The hotel seems to be going under. Repairs are lacking all over the hotel.
On a brighter note, work was under way on a new Best Western a few miles down the road, which may be complete by now. This hotel complex would be located south of Liberia on the left side of the highway.
Your other options will be found in Playa Hermosa or Playa del Coco. Both beach areas have a few nice hotels to choose from, and are about 20 minutes minimum from the airport. Best Western in Playa del Coco is adequate and overpriced. Playa Hermosa has more choices. El Velero has some good food, but I'm unaware of the room quality.

FYI If you have time, eat at Bob's Seafood Restaurant in Playa del Coco. It's cajun and creole food from a master!
South of Liberia, in Bagaces, is a waterfall called Llanos de Cortes. It's 3 Km west of Bagaces, with a small sign marking it's location. Ask the locals where it's at; you won't regret it!
Oct 29th, 2003, 10:40 AM
kev
Original Poster

Thanks. We were considering Playa Hermosa, Playa del Coco or Playa Ocotal since they all seem within 30 min. of the airport. I'd appreciate any insight on Villa del Sueno or El Velero; they both seem nice. Also, maybe El Ocotal Beach Resort or Villa Casa Blanca as well, if anyone has been to any of these recently.
Oct 30th, 2003, 05:40 AM

Hi, I am leaving in playa Ocotal and total 5 years around theses beaches...YES El Ocotal resort seems good choice for one night, beautifuff view,excellent food,service,I think that they have a shuttle to airport)snorkling is A+. you are close to the beach and famous restaurant Father Rooster.... There is also a Natural Spa 5 minutes from the hotel...something to do before leaving back...welcome in Ocotal if you decide too.
Nov 2nd, 2003, 06:17 AM

El Velero is located right on the beach in Playa Hermosa, nice place, good food, comfortable rooms. Sueno is a 5 minute walk to he beach (Playa Hermosa) Fantastic restaurant, beautiful pool, quiet setting.

Ocotal - Villa Casa Blanca or El Ocotal- Beautiful way to complete your honeymoon trip. Casa Blanca is small but rooms are beautifully decorated beautifully, very private, lovely grounds and pool, great breakfasts! It has always been my favorite since my sister and brother in law built it 12 years ago. They have since sold but it remains as one of the nicest B & B's in the country. El Ocotal is a larger complex perched on the top of a hillside. Multiple pools, very nice rooms, rather expensive restaurant and the views are incredible. As the previous post mentioned there is also a spa located within 5 min from either place - Fusion Spa - Good place to unwind and be pampered.
You wouldn't be dissappointed with any of these 4 properties. Good luck with your plans.