Villa del Sueno or hotel Finisterra in Hermosa

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12th, 2005, 05:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Villa del Sueno or hotel Finisterra in Hermosa

Hello all,
Hello all,
I am debating between 2 hotels in Hermosa Beach: Villa del Sueno and hotel Finisterra for 4 nights stay in May. Is anyone is familiar with both hotels and can provide the recommendations?

Thank you very much,
Maria
Old Apr 12th, 2005, 08:19 AM

If I remember correctly, the two places are very close together and Finisterra is on top of a hill almost across the road from Villa del Sueno. I didn't get a chance to visit there, but stayed at Villa del Sueno and it was awesome. We had the lower floor of the Villa and had no upstair neighbor the 5 days we were there. The back had an awesome seating area where every morning the hummingbirds would gather to eat. The owners were great and helped us with any questions about the area and the great places to see. Villa is known for their food, which is outstanding, but not cheap. Two of the owners are chefs and we ate like kings. The menu changed daily based on local catches and I can't say enough about how good everything was. Hands down, my choice.
Old Apr 12th, 2005, 03:27 PM

We have reservations at the Villa Del Sueno for the end of this month. We also debated between the 2 hotels you are considering. We decided on the Villa Del Sueno after finding out that the Finisterra is up a really steep hill. We knew we would walk to the beach every day and didn't want to deal with that. Good luck!
Old Apr 12th, 2005, 06:46 PM
Original Poster

Thank you very much for the information.
The walking distance from the beach is my consideration as well.
There were very nice reviews regarding the Finisterra in Tripadvisor website (the hotel apparently has spectacular view of the Hermosa beach).
MariaX

Old Apr 13th, 2005, 04:23 AM

Both are lovely boutique hotels with gracious hosts. Hotel Finisterra does have fantastic views but the walk to the beach will take approx. 15 minutes up and down a very steep hill which is the only draw back. Sueno as described by ewesthoff is great place with excellent food. No water views but just a short walk to the south end of Hermosa Beach. You can see a Hermosa Map at -
http://www.costarica-realestate.com/...nformation.htm