Panama City Hotels

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 05:09 AM
Merriem

Panama City Hotels

In Panama there is one hotel at the airport, and the rest of the five star ones are in Panama City, ie The Bristol, Intercontinental. Does anyone know anything about the airport hotel, The Riande? It looks a little on the shabby side, and am concerned about safety.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Old Sep 11th, 2002, 02:51 PM
Kay

Hotel Venecia is very nice and that's where I stay each time I travel to Panama. It's no inter-contintental but it's nice, safe - as they have a guard posted outside- quaint and friendly.

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 05:43 AM
Kathy

Kay, Your hotel sounds interesting. Are there nice restaurants and shops in easy walking distance from it? Is it airconditioned?

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 09:41 AM
Kay

http://hvenecia.iscool.net/

The Hotel has a restaurant attached to it that is very reasonable. They even make my mom a special diet whenever we are intown because she has high blood pressure. There are other restaurants nearby. Also, everything is a quick AND inexpensive taxi ride away if you do not want to walk. The hotel is air-conditioned and be sure to request a 2nd floor room that faces the street if you want scenary or away from the street if you do not want the hustle and bustle of morning traffic to wake you up at 6 am.

Old Sep 14th, 2002, 12:23 PM
Merriem

We made reservations at The Bristol. There is however, an Intercontinental Hotel.

Old Sep 14th, 2002, 12:32 PM
Kathy

Kay....Thanks for your info.

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 07:24 PM
George

You will love the Bristol. I have stayed there many times. The rooms are nice and luxurious. The food at The Bristol is excellent and the location is perfect. The restaurants I would recommend in Panama City are: 1985, Le Bistrol, Limoncillo, Casco Viejo. Send me a reply if you have any questions.