Acapulco-Fiesta Americana

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 11:59 AM
Jen

Acapulco-Fiesta Americana

Hi Everyone!

Has anyone stayed at this hotel? If so could you tell me what you think of it? I will be there in Feb2003. I would also like to know what you do for entertainment (snorkling, good dance club-trans or club music). What is the best things to see in Acapulco ( I know the beach).

I look forward to any responses.

Thanks

Old Sep 17th, 2002, 12:14 PM
Rita

I've stayed in the condos next door to the Fiesta Americana and it's quite nice.It's on the top of Playa Condesa Beach(nice)very rocky, but I have no idea where you'll go snorkeling? Tons of cabs everywhere.

Old Sep 17th, 2002, 12:58 PM
alex

I stayed at the Fiesta Americana in March 2000. I liked the hotel - our room was large, clean and had a beautiful view from the balcony. We thought the beach service was much better than the pool service so we sat on the beach almost every day. It was a Mexican holiday for the first few days we were there and there were about a million kids in the pool which may have contributed to the problem. The beach service was excellent - loungers, umbrellas, food, drinks. We did not snorkel but we did go see the divers at La Quebrada and took a sightseeing boat trip around the bay. For entertainment, we went to several dance clubs (Disco Beach, Andromedas, Palladium, etc..) along with places like Carlos & Charlies and Senor Frogs. The clubs there are really wild and you pay one cover to get in and then it is all you can drink all night (although tipping will get you better service). Taxis are abundant and cheap.

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 08:24 AM
SG

We didn't stay there, but know where it is and it is in a great location for walking to fun nightlife. On the main strip where a lot of fun bars and restaurants are. We took a snorkeling trip from the Hyatt or Hilton (can't remember, but it is next door to the Fiesta) it was OK. Have been to better snorkeling islands. Make sure you go see the cliff divers.

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 09:31 AM
xxxx

Excellent hotel. Super pool on cliff overhangs and looks down to the beach. Walking distance to everything. I checked the prices out thru Sunquest.ca and it goes for $2599 Canada Dollars all inclusive 14night stay.