new cabo hotel Mar Adentro

Apr 7th, 2016, 05:48 PM
Original Poster

new cabo hotel Mar Adentro

Does anyone have any information on this new hotel that recently had a soft opening in Cabo? Construction is still going on and they're open. Mixed reviews. We are thinking of booking in December and I can't get a read on when the construction will be done and if the resort is truly as gorgeous as it seems it will be. Also wonder about the location- is it good? Have never been to cabo.
Apr 7th, 2016, 06:47 PM

Haven't heard about this place. It is located right in San Jose, so close to shopping and restaurants. A mimber of large hotels are located on this stretch of beach.
Apr 8th, 2016, 08:47 AM

I also had to look it up... but it is in the Hotel Zone in the town of San Jose del Cabo... not in Cabo San Lucas (important especially since you mention you haven't been to Los Cabos before, the two towns are a fair distance apart).
Apr 8th, 2016, 08:58 AM
Original Poster

Thank you both. Good to know it is in a good area. We are open to both CSL or SJC. Hoping some fodorites have been there, but they only have been open a handful of months.
Apr 8th, 2016, 09:04 AM

Idk. I think your previous choices were excellent and would pick one of those, if it is in your budget!
Apr 8th, 2016, 01:05 PM
Original Poster

While I agree with you Michelle,The problem with the previous choices is that we can only stay 4 nights and all of the hotels require 7 nights. Mar Adentro, probably bc it is so new, is allowing shorter bookings.
Apr 8th, 2016, 01:24 PM

How about Casa Dorado? It's right on Medano Beach (swimmable) and walking distance to downtown Cabo. It's not a lux as some of these others, but it is considered a 5-star hotel (since you say you are open to CSL).
Apr 8th, 2016, 01:35 PM

Casa Dorada, Hacienda Beach Club, Cabo Villas, all on Medano Beach and higher end. Seems odd they will only do 7 days. Is this at Christmas?
Apr 9th, 2016, 07:41 AM
Original Poster

Yes at Christmas time. Will look into the ones you both mention. Do you know anything about Azul Cabo ?
Apr 9th, 2016, 07:54 AM
Original Poster

Have either of you stayed at Casa Dorada? Seems the major drawback is the loud music and partying from Mango next door. We are in our 40s and have a ten year old. Not looking for a party hotel.Any thoughts?
Apr 9th, 2016, 07:58 AM
Original Poster

I had looked into Hacienda which looks gorgeous but they have a7 nights. Cabo Villas doesn't look quite as nice at Dorada or hacienda- is that a fair statement?
Apr 9th, 2016, 08:34 AM

Idk about Azul, but it looks nice and has great reviews. Right in San Jose, lots of food and shopping options.

In Cabo San Lucas, I have stayed a little further down at Pueblo Bonito Blanco. Very nice, small but older. Next door is PB Rose. Newer, bigger. It may work for you. They have AI optional. We never have done AI as we love the restaurant options in town. We have a timeshare at their sister property on the Pacific side, Sunset Beach. Sunset is great, but not on a swimmable beach. These may not be as luxurious as you are wanting, though.
Apr 9th, 2016, 08:40 AM

Yes, the Mango Deck and Office are right in front. I cannot give you an opinion in the Villas, but I would go on reviews.
Apr 9th, 2016, 09:32 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much! Your posts have been really helpful!