Search

Thinking of Cabo

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17th, 2019, 01:36 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thinking of Cabo

We are thinking of trying Cabo San Lucas this summer, the very beginning of July or the last week of June. I am looking at the Playa Grande more toward the marina. We aren't into "loud" nightlife and we aren't concerned that you can't swim in the beach off of the hotel. We are thinking of doing the all inclusive but realize that we will probably pick up a few meals and drinks in town. Does anyone have advice? Hotel advice good or bad on this one? Restaurants? We have been looking at many different restaurant lists. We had look at "Sushi Time" to go fishing. Thank you in advance!!
Old Jan 18th, 2019, 06:42 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I've only been to Cabo San Lucas once (I usually go to Puerto Vallarta) but I enjoyed it. I stayed in a budget hotel downtown so can't help with most of your questions. The Trip Advisor Cabo forum is extremely friendly, active and helpful. I suggest reading and posting there if you haven't already. Look for Trapper's List as far as restaurant recommendations.
Old Jan 18th, 2019, 12:25 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much Suze!
Old Jan 18th, 2019, 02:43 PM

https://www.fodors.com/world/mexico-...-jose-del-cabo

We stayed in Cabo San Lucas but spent a day in San Jose del Cabo which is a short drive east. I is a lovely charming, smaller town that Cabo San Lucas and I thought more enjoyable.
Old Jan 18th, 2019, 03:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
We go to Los Cabos just about every November. Alternate staying in San Jose and CaboSan Lucas timeshares: Coral Baja in SJ, Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach near CSL.

Playa Grande is handy to town. I wouldn’t do AI unless I was further away from town. There are so many great places to eat in town. This last November, we spent 2 weeks at Sunset Beach and tried AI the first week. It was good, but I did the math, and we only got our monies worth 2 out of the 7 days. Those were days we went to the overpriced buffet, ate and drank poolside; lots of alcohol at the pool

Yes, check out Trappers List for restaurant recs. These are the places we have been and enjoy:

Mi Casa- pretty and fun atmosphere
La Golondrina- outdoor dining under the trees.
El Peregrino- new to us and enjoyed the steak, octopus ceviche, tamarindo margaritas
Tabascos- toes in the sand on Medano Beach. Less expensive than the famous Office.
Solomon’s- at the Marina
Panchos- Mexican food
Maro’s - budget lobster

Places we want to try that are highly recommended:
Alcaravea Gourmet
La Cocina y Cantina - at sunset.
Maria Corona

San Jose is nice for a day trip. We nice restaurants, galleries shopping. Not as frantic as CSL. Liked our meals at Tropicana, Mariscos El Toro GÜERO.

Outside of San Jose, past the marina, east cape, we like:
Buzzards for Mexican good.
Acre and Flora Farm are very nice farm to fork places. Expensive.

If you go for a day trip up to Todos Santos, we love this farm to fork, organic place in the little town of El Pescador called Heirbabuena. So good! We made a special trip just to have a meal there.

Sunset cruises: Tropicat Wine and Jazz is my first choice. Rissalina is also great.