Search

Trip to Costa Rica

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15th, 2016, 09:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trip to Costa Rica

I'm planning a trip with 2 of my friends to Costa Rica this coming May and being 3 college students we don't have the biggest budget to spend down there. Just wondering if anyone who has traveled there before can give tips on places to stay and where to go that would give us the best experiences. We're going from May 16th to the 21st. Any help would be much appreciated!
Old Apr 3rd, 2016, 07:46 PM

I think it really depends on what you're looking for. Our favorite area is the Arenal area - tons of adventure activities, natural hot springs, and good hiking at the waterfall, Hanging Bridges, and volcano. Check the Arenal Observatory Lodge or Silencio del Campo. What's your budget? You could pair it with a beach destination.
Old Apr 5th, 2016, 05:11 PM

Manuel Antonio looks good for doing Beach and nature stuff, but a lot of the hotels aren't right on the beach and require a 5-10 minute walk. You could also split it up if you want too. As others said it kind of depends on what you want and there really isn't a "best" in general and what is "best" is what works for you.
Old Apr 6th, 2016, 06:38 AM

I like this place, lots of good information on the website also

http://www.haciendabaru.com/room-pricing/
Old Apr 10th, 2016, 05:41 PM

We just returned from Costa Rica, on a budget, with dietary considerations and a lot of confusion about where to go and how to get there. After reading posts here and elsewhere, we decided to go with a travel planner and chose lovecostarica.com. Pat Hewett understood our concerns and helped us choose destinations and travel options. It really eliminated our stress and helped us make the best use of our time.
Old Apr 11th, 2016, 07:11 AM

We will be in Costa Rica from the 12th to the 21st for the first time.

It all depends what you like to do. Arenal has a variety of things to do in one place That would be an ideal spot.

http://www.arenal.net/arenal-costa-rica-map.htm

This website includes a map of things to do and places to stay! Very easy and lots of information.

And for transportation:
Car rentals can be risky. Get a 4x4
But if you are in an accident, the country can hold you until everything is resolved.
I had a friend who rented out scooters.
But my friend and I, we will use taxi. A little expensive but from what i hear, don't get on them unless their meter works.

Beaches are about a 3 hour drive from arenal
The best beaches may be up to 4 hours, but well worth it.

Places to stay: on the cheap, look for hostels or try airbnb

You don't need to hire a guide tour for everything, but some you should consider since they know how to spot wildlife and can be very informative.

TravelCostaRicaNow.com Has many videos about traveling in Costa Rica.

If you need any more help or questions. feel free to ask