Search

Los Cabos and the Corridor

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22nd, 2004, 08:49 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Los Cabos and the Corridor

Can someone please explain the corridor to me? Is this separate from Los Cabos? What restaurants and activities/excursions did you enjoy the best? Did anyone stay at Dreams? What did you think? Any insight would be great!
Old Sep 23rd, 2004, 06:34 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
There is the town of Cabo San Lucas which is the newer tourist resort area. There is the older town of San Jose del Cabo. The airport is between the two, closer to San Jose. I believe the corridor refers to the region between these two, but am not certain of that?
Old Sep 24th, 2004, 11:10 AM

suze is basically correct.
The airport is a little past San Jose del Cabo not between, but the whole stretch of coastline between SJC and Cabo San Lucas is known as The Corridor. You will find resorts and golf courses all along the coast e.g. Westin Cabo San Lucas, Las Ventanas, etc etc.
There are also some secluded beaches where you have public access.
Hope this helps,
Andrew
Old Sep 25th, 2004, 06:55 AM

We have stayed in Cabo San Lucas several times. It is really great to stay in the town instead of out on the corridor, but it depends what you like. We like walking around and not having to get a taxi. We spent Christmas there and rented a villa for seven family members within walking distance of the town (Pedregal area)and we also stayed at the Pueblo Bonita Rose. Be sure to eat at Mama's Royale Cafe for breakfast.
Old Aug 2nd, 2005, 10:37 AM

We are looking for a nice resort/hotel near the town of Cabo san Lucas, but still on the beach. Any help would be appreciated. Thx.
Old Aug 2nd, 2005, 12:26 PM

tjc73: We have stayed at the Melia San Lucas twice and enjoy it very much. Well maintained resort, almost all rooms with ocean views & balconies and nice swimming pool. The Melia is a short walk into Cabo San Lucas and sits on Medano Beach. Our photos of the Melia can be viewed at:
http://sceneisle.myphotoalbum.com
Old Aug 3rd, 2005, 02:20 PM

I recommend the Villa del Palmar. We stayed there in July in a suite and had a wonderful time. It is located approximately two miles from downtown Cabo San Lucas. Go to loscabosguide.com for a good link to the entire corridor.
Old Aug 3rd, 2005, 03:40 PM

I agree with realoc. The Villa del Palmar is wonderful. We stayed top floor right in the middle. You could see "Los Arcos" and all the Cruise Lines that come in. You can walk the beach into the town of Cabo. You'll walk right past The Office. Great place to eat.
The resort has 2 pools and a jacuzzi. The activity pool has a killer whale slide. But be prepared, it's chilly. The jacuzzi's fun to hang out in early evening sipping your margarita(s). Great pizza and chips and guacamole. They have a dinner show, you should see it once. Good audience participation stuff. But food is just okay. But their breakfast buffet is wonderful. Good luck, have fun!
Old Aug 23rd, 2005, 01:03 PM

Thank you all for your help. Sorry I took so long to reply. If you think of any more info I'm all ears. Thx again.
Old Sep 2nd, 2005, 06:06 AM

This message applies to Ponca?? We are thinking of renting a villa in the Pedregal area, do you have any more detailed info? We will be traveling with three children 14, 5,2 and grandparents. One of the villas we are looking at is 200 yards from the beach, is that a swimmable beach?? Would you recommend a car for traveling to San Jose Del Cabo, Todos Santos, La Paz, etc??
Old Sep 2nd, 2005, 09:31 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Yes, I would recommend car rental if you want to visit Todos Santos and La Paz from Cabo.
Old Sep 10th, 2005, 07:51 AM

For villas in the Pedregal area, try www.cabovillas.com. Six of us rented Villa Carolina, overlooking the harbor. You can walk into town . You are met by a rep in town, after a nice glass of lemonade.
The Pacific ocean side is not recommended for swimming.