Reload this Page >

Cabo San Lucas Hotel Suggestions

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16th, 2002, 01:36 PM
Mary

My sister and I are planning a trip to Cabo San Lucas in late March. We are looking for hotel recommendations. Our budget for lodging is $150-200 per night for a room. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old Dec 16th, 2002, 11:57 PM
Jim

Mary,<BR>I haven't been there yet but my family and I will be heading to Cabo in a couple of weeks to stay at the Royal Solaris. It is an inclusive resort and our friends have raved about it. I can let you know more when we get back. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 10:39 AM
Randy

Hi Mary,<BR><BR>What type of activities are you looking for? Most of the night life is in Cabo San Lucas. If you're looking for bars, nightclubs, meeting guys, reasonable restaurants, that's the area you'll want to stay. The Melia San Lucas is a great choice. The Villa del Palmar is a little further away. It's a little older but has nice views and an active pool area. The VDP sells timeshares, offering lower rates or &quot;free night&quot; specials in the hope of &quot;hooking&quot; you in. The luxury resorts are between San Jose del Cabo (where the airport is located) and CSL. It's about a 45 minute drive between the two. Taxis are expensive. The Melia hotels and Sheraton run shuttles, either free or for a reasonable fee. Have fun!

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 12:22 PM
x

See the Twin Dolphin at twindolphin.com.

Old Dec 21st, 2002, 05:23 AM
edfran

the Melia is a great choice, you can walk to town. Don't get it confused with the other two Melias on the &quot;corridor&quot; I can tell you not to stay at the Plaza Las Glorias; they have a problem with deferred maintenance.

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 04:18 PM
amber

Hi there, I have also been to Cabo several times (10 times total within the last 4 years)and if you have any further questions please feel free to ask. Like someone had said before, all the great nite-life and wonderful eateries are in town. For your first visit I would suggest staying in or close to town. The Melia San Lucas is probably one of the priciest hotels in that area. Plaza Las Glorias is RIGHT in the center of town on the Marina not on the beach. Rates here will be in between 100 and 150 a nite. The Pueblo Bonito Resorts (there are 3) are all PERFECT! All are in town 2 on the main beach and 1 (PB - Sunset Beach) on the Pacific Ocean side. All Walking didtance to the town center. These hoels offer complimentary shuttles also. This hotel will cost you somewhere between 170-and 250 a nite. Finisterra or Hacienda Beach Resort are other good choices! 120-200 a nite. There are cheaper ways to go if you are not concerend with staying a a 4 star + type of hotel. Good Luck and have fun! <BR>Expedia.com has great deals and tons of maps and pictures. Another wesite to check out is allaboutcabo.com! <BR><BR>

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 09:02 PM
Jan

This reply is probably after your trip, but might be helpful to others. We were supposed to stay at a property (Pueblo Bonita) in Los Cabos. We booked through hotels.com in October for a Dec 31-Jan 5 stay. They called us Dec 12 to say they did not have a room for us at the Bonita, in spite of having had our full payment for over two months. They offered us a smaller room (we had a suite at Bonita) over in Cabo San Jose at the Royal Solaris. The price was a bit less but it is an all-inclusive unlike Bonita. I give the property mixed reviews. The pool area and beach are very nice, and beach towels are adequately supplied. The lobby, elevator areas and restaurants all look as if they haven't finished decorating. This is an all-inclusive and the food experience was disappointing. There are three restaurants for dinner, two open for lunch plus a snack bar. The first night was New Year's Eve and we discovered &quot;reservations&quot; were all booked up for the restaurants and we had to eat at the buffet, which was not all that great. The following night one restaurant was closed, and the other had a private party, again sending us to the buffet. Sometimes the restaurants did not open on time. We finally got into one, had great food, and then our server vanished before dessert. All the tables around us were wondering what happened to him. We finally flagged another server who took care of us. <BR>The pool snack area for lunch is poorly designed. It was difficult to walk around in when there are just a handful of people in it. They have an awning up with tables and chairs available if you don't want to take your food back to your pool chair, but the awning supports get in the way of the food and beverage lines. It got pretty dirty daily as people would drop items and the staff didn't keep up with picking up tortilla chips, etc. Condiments for burgers (which tasted nasty) were back down the line, causing you to have to step in front of people to get at them once you had your grill items. I don't think the hotel was full, so I could imagine that all the pool chairs would be easily taken up by guests as it was tight when we were there without the hotel at capacity. <BR>Rooms were OK, not lavish. Good water pressure in shower.The room was spacious but not lavish. There seemed to be a shortage of hand towels as they did not leave them in the room and we had to ask for them.<BR> Telephone calls are extremely expensive from Cabo--don't plan to call back to the states. Contrary to others, we did not get overwhelmed with timeshare approaches. We enjoyed a couple of trips into San Lucas and were glad we had a car, as taxi's were expensive. Food at the the Pueblo resorts (Bonita and Rose) is outrageously expensive. Plan on more than $50 for three people for lunch (club sandwiches and one beer.) Timeshare &quot;gifts&quot; can help lower costs for meals. The weather was beautiful during the day; cool at night, and it Los Cabos are pretty clean. Better signage to mark streets would be helpful, though I've seen worse elsewhere.