Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Need recommendations for Mexican Riveria in December.

Old Aug 24th, 2003, 12:07 PM
JBJ
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to get recommendations for a December trip to the Pacific side of Mexico. We've been to PV and Cabo and loved both, but would like to travel some place new. Looking for a luxury resort to relax at for 3-5 days. Not interested in touring or shopping. Just R&R overlooking the beach! Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 24th, 2003, 12:18 PM
me

How about the nine bays of Huatulco ? they have a bunch of nice resorts too.
Old Aug 24th, 2003, 02:28 PM

My recommendation for your criteria is the Acapulco Princess. Have been there many times over ten year period and it never disappoints. It is on Revolcadero Beach, a beautiful wide and long expanse of golden sand. It is not in town, but an easy taxi ride if you choose to go there. I have made trips there and never ventured off the property. Of course I have been into town several times too. Recommend Ristorante Casa Nova (taxi) for dinner. Also recommend Tabachin Restaurant at the Pierre Marques (sister resort nearby - free shuttle). I have also been to Puerto Vallarta and Los Cabos many times(Westin Regina in both places) and you will not be disappointed in the Acapulco Princess.
Old Aug 24th, 2003, 03:07 PM

As I re-read my post, I did not mean to imply you should leave the property to dine. I was just offering alternatives to eating on the property every night. If you want to hang close forget Casa Nova even though it is magnificent. Be warned, it is not casual nor cheap. Tabachin is a no brainer. Not only is it an excellent restaurant, it is less than 5 minutes by shuttle and the shuttle runs on a frequent and regular basis. You can also sign your room number to any tab at the Pierre Marques if you are staying at the Princess.
Old Aug 25th, 2003, 05:31 AM

if you look on this site you will see some info on a resort calles Casa Las Brisas south of Puerto Vallarta caled Punta Mita it sounds wonderful. Located near the Four Seasons. It's #33 Check it out!!!!!
Old Aug 25th, 2003, 05:32 AM

Sorry #33 if you post on Mexico only
Old Aug 25th, 2003, 10:35 AM

The fishing village of La Manzanilla, Mexico on the Bay of Tenacatita on the Costa Alegre south of Puerto Vallarta and north of Manzanillo. Search under La Manzanilla!