renting a car at San Jose airport

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21st, 2003, 02:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We're flying in to San Jose and then staying at the Marriott Los Suenos. Is there a shuttle we could take? does the Marriott provide one? On our way home we're staying one night at the Marriot San Jose..any info. there. If we do indeed need to rent a car, any recommendations on who to rent from/ and how is the drive?
Thanks,
Old Aug 21st, 2003, 03:49 PM

We just returned from Costa Rica. Rented from Toyota Rent a Car for two weeks. Highly recommend them. We had a RAV4, it was 1 year old. They picked up and delivered to our hotel. They did check the car over when we returned it--but only looked for "big" things like dents. We had no problems. They also offer good prices. The roads--as everyone on this site says--are a challenge. They were not as bad as we expected. The roads also vary--depending on where you go. It is very very easy to get lost--just keep stopping and asking people if you are on the right route. If you have more questions post it here.
Old Aug 22nd, 2003, 04:46 AM

Hi, I used to manage an Hotel and had to use very often rent a car cie, it is simple to do and mostly safe (honest), I suggest you Adobe they always give good service -pick up at hotel or airport, almost always new jeep or car, and Very good price plus professionel and most of them speak english! If you want I can give you their e-mail adress and the name of the manager and he will give you all details. let me know, Mychelle
Old Aug 23rd, 2003, 07:44 PM
koa

Its a two hour drive to los suenos from the airport. The signs are terrible in costa rica. Easy to get lost. I prefer to drive out toward puntarenas, then south to the Jaco area. Los Suenos is just before Jaco. You can take the more scenic route through the mountains, but be prepared, the road is narrow and people there drive crazy. Also no guard rails to keep you from plunging off the mountain.
Old Aug 25th, 2003, 04:13 PM

I would check with the Marriott themselves. Some of the better hotels do have shuttles. You could also take a taxi. It would cost a good bit but probably less than a car rental if you don't really plan on driving around much. The Los Suenos will have lots of day trip options for you that they can arrange transportation to at the time if you don't want to drive. The drive to LS probably has some of the better roads in Costa Rica.