info on Viva Maya

Aug 24th, 2003, 01:05 PM
Original Poster

info on Viva Maya

I'm looking for information on the Viva Maya resort in Playa del Carmen. We are not needing more than and average hotel room, but want the all inclusive and would like good food and a comfortable place to sleep. Cleanliness is important and we need lots of activities for teenagers. We can get this AI for $7480 for 6 people. We are in our forties and fifties and will have 2 fifteen year old girls and 2 eighteen year old boys.Thanks.
Aug 25th, 2003, 10:06 AM
me

You can try debbiescaribbeanresortreviews.com/mexico.Your price seems high to me.We've just came back ,stayed at a fabulous resort ,higher ratings than Viva and paid less.(ours included airs from DC.) could be you have longer flights ?
Aug 25th, 2003, 12:10 PM
Original Poster

How many people did you have? Did you do all inclusive and what resort? Could be the season as we will be going during high season.We have a charter from Denver.
Aug 25th, 2003, 12:46 PM
me

Hi there Mindy1 ,check your other post"Viva Maya or Palladium Grand" -we "talked" before. We stayed at PG and paid total $2190.for 2 adults and one child(4 years old,he only has to pay for airs which is about $300.+ )so it's UNDER $1000./per adult inluding all taxes , airs,transfers,7 nights,junior suite- all inclusive(resort has 3 buffet dinning rooms, 4 a la cartes ,13 bars ,24hs service,stocked fridge in room,water sports...etc) I've seen Viva ,can't hold the candle...
Aug 26th, 2003, 05:03 AM
Original Poster

Palladium Grand must have raised their prices. We were quoted a price $500 more than the Viva Maya. What we liked about Viva was that they had queen beds rather than doubles and more of the activities appear to be included than the PG. PG charges a fee for night tennis, Viva doesn't, etc. Who wants to play in the heat of day? Viva has free snorkeling gear.Viva within two miles of PDC. PG does have better pools and more restaurants. It sure is hard to decide if its worth the extra. Thanks for your input.
Aug 26th, 2003, 08:29 AM
me

Yes Viva is right in Playacar complex ,you have a small shopping plaza steps from your gate ,I do like Playacar and then 5 minutes taxi to PDC downtown. But for people who likes to visit ruins - Tulum is next door to PG , Chichen Iza is not too far..and the snorkleling is much better in that area -(Akumal), even some right off the hotel beach.We do have Puerto Aventuras ,small village 6,7 minutes by taxi or minivan for shopping and dolphins watch ,depends on what you like but for us PG location is excellent , more paradise-like ,if you know what I mean. We had king-sized bed ,not double , 6 tennis courts ,we played couple times 5pm-ish - the sun is soft by then and it's very breezy it's just BEAUTIFUL .If they're more money , they're certainly worth that.You might like to wait a little bit , they go on sales sometimes.Good luck to you.