Viva Maya or Palladium Grand

Aug 20th, 2003, 08:13 PM
Original Poster

Viva Maya or Palladium Grand

Which of these hotels if any would you recommend. The Viva Maya or the Pallidium Grand Resort. I will have 2 eighteen year old boys with us and two 16 year old girls. Do not want any topless sunbathing. We like the all inclusive resorts.
Aug 21st, 2003, 05:49 AM

I have heard that the Palladium is fabulous. I saw the outside of it last winter and it looked quite impressive. I would like to try it sometime.
Aug 21st, 2003, 12:53 PM
me

We've just got back from the Palladium this week-and it is a GEM of a resort !Resorts beauty , room , food ,service ,pools , beach , loved everything A+++++, I would say 2 steps up from Viva Maya ,(we didn't stay at Viva but at the Riu next door 2 years ago and were invited over for a visit ,as far as looks-Viva is colorful and fun but not as beautiful, elegant and upscale as Palladium).Now if you don't want any topless , all of the resorts in the Riviera Maya areas have some...from just 2 , 3 to alot more...the Palladium even have some topless at the pools.Perhaps you should go to more Americanized destinations like Cancun , Bahamas or certain resorts that catered to Americans , you won't see any of that.
Aug 25th, 2003, 11:13 AM

agree with 'me'. if you don't want topless sunbathing, the Riviera Maya is not the place to go. Look for resort areas that cater to American tourists (as opposed to European tourists). Cancun would be a better choice.
Aug 26th, 2003, 08:54 AM

We just returned from the beautiful Palladium resort in August. I was a little apprehensive as I'd heard there were a fair number of topless bathers and we have teens (2 boys). But there were a very few women who went topless and it was no big deal for any of us. I just reminded the kids that customs are different in every country and that American women wearing shorts and showing their legs is considered scandalous in some other countries.