More cool things to do in Brazil??

Old Mar 15th, 2006, 10:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More cool things to do in Brazil??

I will be in Rio sometime next year and plan on spending a few days in Buzios ( after just 2 days in Rio because I have already been there). I will only have a few days left to spare but was wondering what else I should look into. I know the Falls are great but how do you get to them? What about a one day trip down the Amazon. I am looking for something along these lines. Any suggestions. Also, what is the best month for weather (not too hot and not too rainy). I know the seasons are reversed from US. Thanks for your input.
Old Mar 16th, 2006, 12:14 AM

I highly recommend two days at the Falls...take a flight because you are going deep into Brasil. Another great place is Salvador, Bahia in the northeast, another flight; if you go make sure you attend the Tuesday night street party in Pelourinho. As someone who hates the heat and humidity (being from the SF Bay Area) the weather is best in August, almost no rain, definitely no humidity, and in the 70's so it's perfect! BOA VIAGEM!
Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 07:38 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. I really want to see the falls but didnt know if it was feasible in my time frame (leaving 2 young kids at home with Dad!) Could I manage 2 days in Rio, 2 days in Buzios and 1 1/2 days at the falls. Also can I get a flight from the falls to Rio in time to leave for most US departures on the same day? If not are there any other "day trips" from Rio or Buzios I can look into? I have heard great things from both towns suggested but I was hoping for something like an amazon day trip etc. Thanks for the info-August it is.
Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 09:25 AM

I live in Buzios, and own a restaurant here. august is fine, but last year we had some rain. July maybe better. It doesn´t sound like you´ve been here before so before you make any arrangements, let me help you find a place within your budget, age, and hobbies. Tourism is important to me, and I want everyone who leaves Buzios to suggest it as a destination for others. The falls are a must.
Old Mar 24th, 2006, 08:07 AM

Sliders -

How can you be contacted? I went to Buzios for the first time last year (2005), loved it, and want to go back again this year and enjoy more of it. I stayed at a place on Geriba. Your help in planning the next trip would be greatly appreciated. Please email me at [email protected]
Old Mar 27th, 2006, 02:41 PM

The Amazon river is about as close to Rio as San Francisco is to New York, so on a short trip, you should forget it.

Buzios is certainly nice, though I would rather visit Angra dos Reis (a city surrounded by islands) or Ilha Grande (Big Island on a free translation), with their lovely beaches. Parati is also an option if you are interested in very quiet and historical cities.

The falls are also impressive, though they are also very far from Rio, it is much easier travel. You may want to check http://www.voegol.com.br/INT/ for air tickets from a local budget airline.
Old Mar 27th, 2006, 07:57 PM

Try Paraty, on the Costa Verde - southwest of Rio, near the São Paulo border. Another alternative is Ilha Grande - a state park and nature preserve in the Angra dos Reis bay. If you want to go the mountains, you can go to Minas Gerais - Ouro Preto is a very nice 2 day trip.

Forget the Amazon. It takes a day to get there from Rio.