Brazil Honeymoon

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2nd, 2007, 12:47 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brazil Honeymoon

I have the Delta award flights booked for 4/27/-5/5 2008
We arrive at GIG at 735AM
1. should we fly on to Iguacu, and spend that day and the following there.
Days1-2 Iguaco, then to rio, p/u car drive to Buzios
Days 3,4,5 in Buzios/Region
Days 6-7 in RIO.
Fly home 1055PM 7th day

Is this doable? Any suggestions appreciated.

Or should we just split our time b/t Buzios and Rio? If the travel to/from Iguacu is too time consuming?

Looking for a little advnture, a little history and some R&R, food and good drink!
Old Aug 2nd, 2007, 01:49 PM

I think it can be done because of early arrival. The falls are not to be missed. It may be a little chilly at the falls so a medium weight jacket (not a coat) may be needed. You should stay at the Sheraton though a few hotels are a little less with a room facing the falls (it's only 2 nights). I spent 2 1/2 days in the Buzios region and while another day would have been useful I was not unhappy for Rio has some great sights for 2 days worth of sightseeing (include a samba school recommended by your hotel). Their is a town 20-25 miles north of Rio (I forgot the name) but if you ask at hotel for lovely quaint town (not a city) with a very big park/commons and cooler temps by 4-6 degrees it is lovely and the drive is very pleasant. Visit a night club but remember first show begins at midnight or 1 AM and they go until 4-5 AM at least on Fri.-Sun. Again, make sure it's not a tourist one. While only a bit is in English the music and singing and dancing is very entertaining but 2 hours there can cost you $50-$75 in drinks and a bar snack.Have a ball.
Old Aug 2nd, 2007, 02:58 PM

Hi there ,
You can not miss Igaçu falls ,is amazing, therefore is not a waist of time at all.In Rio you must go to lapa at night were you'll find many cool places for drink ,dance , listen to good music and see the local costumes.For day activities ,beach is the best thing to do ,Ipanema beach and Prainha are the best two ,you can have tandem handgliding and surf lessons or a tour arround favelas or to Cristo Redentor and Pão de açucar, but the best part ,in my opinion , will be staying in Buzios ,that is R&R for sure,you'll have the best sightseeings ever and incredible beach time .Buzios has a very vibrat night life ,durant high season gets packed ,people from all over Brazil and world, but by the time you'll be there it will be just perfect. Rent a dune buggy get a map and drive arround the town go to all the 15 beaches ,get advises from the front desk guy at your hotel ( a bilingual tour guide is very reccomended for the first day at least )
If you need more info about Buzios ,I'm a local advisor and you can send me a PM
Old Aug 2nd, 2007, 07:01 PM

hi, the am flight with TAM to iguazu is at 11am, so you'd get there around 1pm, and have the afternoon to do the Brasilian side of falls. You can stay at either side, sheraton on Argentine or Tropical das Cataratas on Brasilian, then next day do argentine side then catch 5pm flight back to Rio. You'd arrive in Rio at about 7:30pm and could then meet a driver to take you to Buzios. Nice places in Buzios - La Perola,Casas Brancas, depends on how much you want to spend etc. Rent a buggy to get around, good nightlife, restaurants, beaches, and the weather should be reasonable. Then spend 2 whole days in Rio, do statue, sugar loaf, the sunday market in ipanema, maybe a cycle ride or hang-glide if you're feeling energetic and daring, it's too early in the year for a samba show at one of the rehearsals, but you could go to lapa for some live brasilian music, try the Rio scenarium. Fabulous. If you want some suggestions for hotels etc in Rio just ask and any help with anything else.
Have fun.
Old Aug 3rd, 2007, 08:04 AM
Original Poster

Thanks

Any suggestions on hotels in Iguacu? Transort to falls?

Tour guide or go at it alone?