Search

Las Brisas Acapulco?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12th, 2004, 07:33 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Las Brisas Acapulco?

Has anyone stayed at Las Brisas Acapulco recently?
We're considering this hotel for 5 nights next month (August)-found a good deal.
Most of the reviews I've read have been good, but I'm looking for someone who's been there recently. How are the rooms? The food? The beach?
We've never been to Acapulco. Would it be a good idea to rent a car so we can get around for sightseeing and such?
Thanks!
Old Jul 12th, 2004, 08:04 AM

Hi! I haven't been there recently but I did spend the first two nights of my honeymoon there in 1997 and everything was absolutely perfect. We didn't go down to their beach because we spent most of the time in our private pool. The food and service were fabulous. They have pink jeeps that you can rent if you want to buz around for a while. That's probably easier than renting a car for your whole trip, although you stick out like a sore thumb. The driving in Acapulco is crazy at best. I'm not so sure I'd even do that again! I think it's best to let the pros do the driving there. I would totally recommend the resort, even though I haven't been there recently. I would go back in a heartbeat.
Old Jul 12th, 2004, 09:54 AM

We were at Las Brisas last weekend for probably the 5th time in the last two years (we live in Mexico City so can drive down for the weekend). I love Las Brisas, but not everyone does - my young coworkers think it is way too boring.

Maybe the most important thing to know is that the rooms are located on a hillside overlooking the city, so the view is great, but you are not on the beach at all. Las Brisas has a private beach club on the bay, with fresh and saltwater swimming pools and a restaurant, but no real beach area. You can drive down to the beach club, or take the shuttle every half hour.

The rooms are well kept, relatively large but probably look much the same as they did 30 years ago. I like that the rooms don't have any of that moldy smell you sometimes get at humid places. And I love being able to walk out the door and step into my own little swimming pool.

The food is pretty good, a little on the expensive side but not outrageous. We tend to have lunch there and eat out at night.

It's easy to take cabs to and from restaurants, and as the previous poster said, just rent one of the jeeps if you want to get out and drive around a little, you probably don't need a car for your whole trip.
Old Jul 12th, 2004, 05:25 PM
Original Poster

Did either of you (or anyone else) stay in a shared pool casita? What are these like? Do they have views as well. Is it odd sharing the private pool with a neighbor? What is the cost of renting one of the pink jeeps?
Old Jul 13th, 2004, 07:34 AM

I have not stayed in one of the shared pool casitas. They are lower on the hillside, but still have good views. I think they allow children to stay in the shared pool casitas, if that makes a difference. I would not like to share one of the pools with strangers, but that's just my own preference.
Old Jul 13th, 2004, 10:34 PM

Yeah, it looked like a similar view, but lower on the hill. The view from our private pool was spectacular!!! I would go for the private one if you can. The shared ones would be nice if you were going with friends and they rented the other room.