best swimming pool in vegas

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 30th, 2004, 11:27 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who has the best swimming pool in vegas?
Old May 31st, 2004, 06:09 AM

Best is a relative term, and your personal tastes will enter into it, but from what I've read/seen, the following usually get very high marks:

Mandalay Bay
Mirage
Flamingo
Caesars

Keep in mind that the nicest pools are usually pretty crowded, and that most hotels close their pools by 7 PM (8 PM in the summer).

Details about the various Vegas pools:

http://www.vegas.com/resorts/pools/

Ken
Old May 31st, 2004, 04:56 PM

Mandalay Bay, for sure!
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 03:49 PM

I love the pools at Ceasars. Very elegant, grecian statues, lots of tile work, etc. We stayed there a few years ago and several of us rented a cabana for what we thought was a reasonable price. Price included a cabana boy all day, a fruit tray for lunch, and all the cold drinks and/or water we wanted for the day. You could of course order lunch, drinks, etc. at additional cost. The price also included very nice floats for the pool. It was a very elegant experience if that's what you're looking for. There is a larger pool for children, and a smaller, more elegant "floating" pool which was quiet and right next to the cabana we rented. I would love to do it again. Depends on what you're looking for in a pool though!
Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 10:13 AM

My personal favorite is the pool at the Tropicana. Yes, I know, the Trop is one of the oldest hotels on the Strip, but their pool area is one of the best. The landscaping around it is great, very lush & tropical. There are cabanas there too. One of the best perks is the swim-up bar and swim-up blackjack table - much fun! We used to always stay at the Tropicana before we moved here years ago - my kids loved the pool. We have visiting family coming to town in a few weeks and I've already reserved a room by the pool at the Trop just so we can have a day there to enjoy their pool.
Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 10:23 AM
jd

I know Mandalay is suppose to have the nicest pool, but I was very underimpressed by it.It was okay, but was not beautifully landscaped.The wave pool had teeny tiny waves, and the water was cold. The beach area was very crowded. It was a little nicer over by the lazy river. Pool opened at 9 am-be there by 9:30, or you will not get a chair.
Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 10:40 AM

Agree with JD.

What's the use of a great pool if you're packed in closer than a little fish in a small can?
Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 03:16 PM

We stayed at the Monte Carlo Hotel and they have a nice pool, IMO. With a lazy river and all. We also stayed at Bally's and I thought their humongous pool was pretty nice. Out in the open, so that it wasn't crowded or smushed feeling.

How are the rooms at the Tropicana? Are they decent in size? Have they done a remodel lately? Never stayed there.
Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 03:38 PM

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
The pool at the JW Marriott is amazing.
Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 05:34 PM

hey, im with Heavens...the monte carlo pool seems to be a smaller version of the mandaly bay pool..but nobody asked...is this pool for children or adults? the monte carlos poolside bar had huge drinks and pretty reasonably priced..the waves at the wave pool seemed bigger after one of them!!!!
Old Jun 26th, 2004, 10:39 AM

Can someone give me some specifics about the pool at the Mirage? Is it good for a 12 year old boy? Thanks.
Old Jun 27th, 2004, 01:58 AM

We stayed at the Mirage this past April with our 16 year old son. Their pool is WONDERFUL! There's a nice waterslide and waterfalls. The grounds are spectacular and you will feel as though you are in the tropics. Right next door to the pool area is the dolphin environment and the Secret Garden (tigers)... You can't go wrong with the Mirage!

Don't get caught up like I always do by over analyzing each little thing... Do you think your son will really have that much more fun because of a bigger water slide or a different configuration of a pool... NOT! It's the whole package... sometimes it can be another child your child will meet and play with at the pool that makes the difference between a good time and a great time... He'll be happy and have a great time wherever you decide to go!
Old Jun 27th, 2004, 05:54 AM

We LOVE the Mirage pool. We were there in April and it was amazing. Be sure to get there early and get your chairs..its worth it though.
Old Jun 27th, 2004, 09:39 AM

Agree with JD. We booked at Mandalay because we heard so much about the pool and were taking our kids. We did not go to gamble just to lay around a pool in warm weather in April. We paid $35 extra per day for our 12 year old who was the third in the room because everyone had to have a key for the pool. It was totally not worth it. We could have stayed at another hotel that did not charge extra and had just as good a time. We like the Mirage pool better.
Old Jun 27th, 2004, 11:32 AM

Thanks.
Old Jun 27th, 2004, 02:24 PM

We like the pools at MGM - the kids especially like the lazy river. Caesars, and the Mirage, Bellagio, Flamingo all have very nice pools, but our favorite is MGM.