Best pool in Vegas for ....

Jan 29th, 2004, 08:12 AM
Original Poster

Best pool in Vegas for ....

We are going to Vegas in the spring....four adults who are leaving our kids at home.Which hotel has the most awesome pool area for adults and why??I cant wait to hear everyone's suggestions!
Jan 29th, 2004, 08:18 AM

Most talked-about pools include Mandalay Bay, MGM, Flamingo, Mirage, Caesars, Bellagio and Hard Rock. Monte Carlo or Flamingo would be a good choice if it's spring break as they might not have as many college kids running around.

Check directly with your hotel because many hotels are closed until the middle of April. March can be chilly in Vegas.
Jan 29th, 2004, 08:37 AM

When I was in Vegas in September I was told that Hard Rock has the youngest and best bodies at their pool. I stayed at Caesar's and there's an area off to the side named the Venus pool where you can sunbathe topless. The main pool at Caesar's is round and it was nice and quite when I was there. Mostly adults walking around or standing in it.
Jan 29th, 2004, 08:44 AM

What do you mean by "most awesome"?
Biggest? Flashiest? Water rides? Most elegant?
No one pool excels in all of these areas.
For the under 25 crowd, Hard Rock is the reigning king for pool chic.
For people who want activities and size, Mandalay has the most impressive set up. Bellagio has the most European, upscale pool area. Mirage and Flamingo are tropical and relaxed and inviting. Caesar's is also very large and combines elements of all the above.
Jan 29th, 2004, 08:47 AM

The pool water at Flamingo is fridgid. There are not many cabanas and very few chairs in the summer as most people only dip in the pool and get right back out.
The pool area at Bellagio is fantastic. Very few kids, great service, plenty of chairs and shade or sun. I hate the hotel itself but the pool area is phenomenal.
Caesars has a gorgeous pool area similar in feel to Bellagio. While I have not used it during my stays at CP I would say it would probably be a strong choice.
Mandalay Bay has a beautiful pool area, ruined by a ton of kids. A LOT more families stay here then you would expect given their rates, I call it the trash with cash phenomenon. IF you are gonna stay there I reccomend the four seasons so you can use either the MB pool or the four seasons pool which is seperate and comes with a free cabana on a first come first serve basis.
I don't know about Hard Rock as I have yet to stay there since it isn't on the strip but the pool area there and at the Palms looks great and very few kids.

Venetian has a nice relaxing pool area but not quite as nice as Caesars and Bellagio.
Mirage also has a great pool area but again water too cold for comfort.
Jan 29th, 2004, 08:48 AM
sam

I've seen the Luxor's and it's incredible...I've also seen it on "World's Best" on the Travel Channel. It's very Romanesque with fountains and statuary, very cool!
Jan 29th, 2004, 09:05 AM

Is the new Palms hotel and pool adults only? It's worth looking into.
Jan 29th, 2004, 09:59 AM
jetset1

Although it's off the strip, you should consider the Green Valley Ranch resort. Their pool area is very nice, pool with chairs in water, lounging platforms, misters, lap pool, cabanas, more of a European feel. More adult and classy. The hotel too is quite nice, the rooms are large, the bathrooms enormous, with the double doors, separate shower, nice amenities, speaker from t.v. in bathroom. With a car, you are only ten minutes by freeway from the strip. It is elevated on a hillside with good views, good shopping and restaurants nearby.

Jan 29th, 2004, 12:28 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the insight so far....we are just wanting a mainly adult area with great drinks and a fun yet nice pool/lounging area.I want to be able to grab a cabana,a margarita,and a refreshing dip whenever I want without kids jumping on my head from the side of the pool...lol.As we are still trying to decide where to stay,I was thinking this thread might help sway us. Thanks
Jan 29th, 2004, 12:30 PM

Mandalay Bay...period
Jan 29th, 2004, 12:33 PM

I'd say Mandalay Bay also, but I'm afraid that the families will move in for spring break and there will be a bazillion kids. Don't you think?
Jan 29th, 2004, 12:34 PM

Wasn't there a recent posting telling us that Caesar's has an adult only pool area where topless sunbathing is common? Is that true?
Jan 29th, 2004, 12:37 PM

We frequently go out to Vegas for March madness & I can't think of a time that the pools have been closed. That is also NOT a good time to go if you want to avoid crowds, as the gamblers are there in full force.
Jan 29th, 2004, 01:50 PM
Original Poster

Actually, we are going toward the end of April...I hope the weather will be good then.We just want to be able to lounge about the pool,maybe get a massage at the spa,etc. while the guys do the tables.I know Mandalay Bay's pool is supposed to be great,I was just concerned about the hotel not being very centralized.We are actually leaning toward something more in the middle of everything.I have previously stayed at both the Mirage and MGM..so this trip I would like to try somewhere different.All your info is great!
Jan 29th, 2004, 01:58 PM

I have no idea if there's an official spot at Caesars for nude sunbathing, but when I attended a convention there this summer several of the men spent most of the day ogoling a topless woman by the pool (the convention hallway overlooks the pool area). The pool seemed extremely nice from above though, and no kids (versus the Flamingo, which has several different pools but lots of kids running around).
Jan 29th, 2004, 04:37 PM

Yes Caesars does have a topless pool, the Venus pool. Mandalay also has one soon. But you have to pay to go there even as a hotel guest.I am assuming no kids there.http://www.vegas.com/resorts/pools/mandalaybaypool.html

The top picks for me in this order and I go to Vegas often are...

1. Four Seasons
2. Caesars Palace

Jan 29th, 2004, 04:39 PM
Original Poster

Which hotel pool offer the best service in terms of beverage, lounges,cabanas, etc.?
Jan 29th, 2004, 04:40 PM

Ooops
1. Four Seasons
2.Caesars Palace
3.Bellagio
4.Venetian
5.Mirage
Tied for 6 Palms and Hard Rock

I based this on not a ton of kids, cabanas, drink service and location on the strip.

GVR does have a very nice pool but is 20 plus minutes to the strip with a cab being expensive and the shuttle out there not running often if at all.
Jan 29th, 2004, 06:04 PM

By all means spring for a pool cabana if you enjoy them, but keep in mind that they cost between $100 and $300 per day...more than the room rate during the summer at most places.
Jan 30th, 2004, 12:14 PM

when is march madness?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy -

FODOR'S VIDEO