Search

Going to Ixtapa

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5th, 2003, 03:51 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Going to Ixtapa

My wife and I have decided to head to Ixtapa. We would like feedback on the hotels, especially the All-Inclusive from anyone that has been to the area recently. We like the A/Is, but if you have an outstanding property other than the A/I please give us your input. It will be our first time to Ixtapa.<BR>Thanks<BR>
Old Mar 5th, 2003, 04:19 PM

We always stay at the Las Brisas Hotel. It's built on a hillside overlooking the ocean -- beautiful, quiet and isolated. While there, we look forward to eating dinner at several outstanding area restaurants: Casa Que Canta, Villa del Selva, Kau Kan, Las Brisas II and Puerto Mio--each of them have wonderful service and great views.
Old Mar 5th, 2003, 06:22 PM
jjb

We went to Ixtapa at the end of January and stayed at the Barcelo. Breakfasts and lunches were terrific - dinners were just so-so, but it was well worth the price. The swim-up poolbar is great, there's a beautiful beach you can walk for miles, and the water was very clear for that side of Mexico. Senor Frogs was a 10 minute walk, Carlos N Charlies was a 20 minute walk, and there was a reasonably large flea-market almost across the street. We felt very safe walking around, and the hotel staff was super. I would definitely go back to this hotel. They have shows almost every nite and there's a small bar/disco on the grounds if you feel like dancing but not leaving the resort.
Old Mar 5th, 2003, 10:26 PM
dp

I would agree with both of the above posters. We have stayed at both of the same hotels and enjoyed both and their amenities. The main difference is that Las Brisas is indeed more secluded, with its own beach cove and no vendors. The rooms are about the same size at both places, but the Las Brisas has large patios. The grounds and pools are beautiful. You will need to taxi about anywhere you want to go from there due to the seclusion. I'm not sure that they offer a/i, but the mentioned restaurants in Ixtapa and Zihuatanejo are outstanding. The Barcelo is on the main strip of beach and hotels in Ixtapa and as stated, you can walk most anywhere. They also have beautiful grounds, pool and beach area. If you go there, definitely get an oceanview room. The balconies are small. We found the food to be pretty good for an a/i and the nightly shows were very entertaining. You can't go wrong either place.
Old Mar 11th, 2003, 03:44 PM
Original Poster

Thanks all, great input.
Old Mar 18th, 2003, 10:41 AM

We stayed at the Krystal. The room was good sized, and the view was excellent. The pool area was very nice and we enjoyed all of the restaurants and bars. Walked to various restaurants around town, and only took a taxi once. We did ride the bus to Z a couple of times and enjoyed La Perla on La Ropa beach.